TC Heads swap

Pepsi2185

LVC Mafia Henchman
Reaction score
I have a 96 (will be purchasing) tc, would i be able to get the high perfomance heads from the the newer tc's to fit. Im not sure what year but i believe stock hp is 239. Would i be able to just swap heads or would i need the ecm and all the extras. I appreciate any input.

Big Joe

I was the first person in the country to swap a 4 cam motor into one.Just an option.

The newer as well as pi heads also have a slightly revised intake as well as lower compresssion than a npi engine. You may want to check with someone like dennis reinhart i believe www.reinhartperformance.com as the new ecm may not work as well as or at all vs a tuner or chip. check out www.superchipscustomtuning.com as well for answers. Also www.crownvic.net has had several people doing the pi head swap and are more knoledgable than myself.

Pepsi2185 said:
I have a 96 (will be purchasing) tc, would i be able to get the high perfomance heads from the the newer tc's to fit. Im not sure what year but i believe stock hp is 239. Would i be able to just swap heads or would i need the ecm and all the extras. I appreciate any input.

Big Joe

when do you plan to do this pepsi?

Please take pics of the 'procedure' and post them so others can see how its done.

A lot more research and a digital camera and you got it bud.

Big Joe

Well I think the earlier cars were rated at 210 hp I don't think it would be worth it just to get up to 239 hp. I just drove one and not only does it not feel as torquey but they really wheeze at the top end. If I had the 4.6 I would be concentrating more on the Gt motor with 260 hp and 302 lb ft of torque and it would be easier to find Gt heads than 04' Town car heads.

And does any company do 4.6 2v to 4.6 Dohc head swaps? That would be the way to go but with a Mach one cam.

would mustang GT heads fit??? Cause that would be even cooler, good idea.

Members online

Back