TB problems

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, if you read my last post of, serious problems, need help now...you know that i am having some problems with my idle, ontop of many other things. I went to the shop to play arround with the car, and look at some things that people told me to look at...main thing is, i was pulling on the throttle linkage cable, and when i let it go i heard the "valve" flap w/e thing in the throttle body smack, and then kept bouncing, like those tops on tractor trailer's exhausts. Im no mechanic, but iv played with a few intakes, and i dont think its supposed to do that...someone tell me if this could be, or is a problem...and perhaps it might be my problem with idleing at 2500rpm

Its got 2 screws holding it to a post. Check and make sure they are tight.That would definetly mess up how it runs.

i dont have a clue on how to get to it, someone please take pics, or guide me through...i hate my lincoln now. give me money, and i will love it again.

Take off the air tube at the throttle body and look inside.It should be right there.Just touch it and see if it's loose.If it is, it's just 2 usually phillips head bolts that hold it on.Don't feel bad about hating your Lincoln, I cracked a head today. I'd put it in a lake if I could drive it that far.

crazyman said:
Take off the air tube at the throttle body and look inside.It should be right there.Just touch it and see if it's loose.If it is, it's just 2 usually phillips head bolts that hold it on.Don't feel bad about hating your Lincoln, I cracked a head today. I'd put it in a lake if I could drive it that far.

lol i hear ya. Somthings soo messed up that when i put it into gear it starts to burnout even with me on the breaks....its kinda off the road now.

In the past month I've replaced a water pump, a motor mount, done a tune up, replaced the valve cover gaskets, replaced the front pads and rotors,disassembled the keyless modual and replaced a relay, put in a great stereo system and patched the radiator. Today the head started leaking real bad from a crack that was apparently already there.Needless to say, I cracked a beer at 10:30 this morning.I'm going to fix the head, and it's going to get sold.I don't care if I loose money, it's caused me more grief in 1 month than my Towncar has caused me in 3 years.

Members online

No members online now.
Back