Taillight Tinter...

LennDawg said:
damn son, tell him to tint me a pair for a 2000 and send em over to Syracuse, New York... haha

The tinter is located in Staten Island NY.. so shipping wont take long, maybe like a day for you.

seriously?? i figured it wuz in LA since you were from LA... when you do this let me know how it turned out for you cause i will jump all over that...

I was looking around the site and maybe I missed something but I didnt see where or how to order the taillights. How do you order?

slackjoebill said:
I was looking around the site and maybe I missed something but I didnt see where are how to order the taillights. How do you order?

you have to ship him your lights, you have to email him first and he'll send you a form in pdf. which you have to fill out and send in with your lights.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
you have to ship him your lights, you have to email him first and he'll send you a form in pdf. which you have to fill out and send in with your lights.

Can you post more information, ie... how is this done, what type of materials and how long of a turnaround does he have? Thanks!

nope no nightshades, I put that stuff on my tails and its peeling, he uses a two stage paint tint, its sprayed with a gun and then clearcoated, and he can customize colored tints to match your car.

ok look

lexdiamondz10304 said:
I found this guy and quoted my 95 bucks for a high quality two stage taillight tint, and for 30 more he can match the tint to my cars color.. what do u guys think?

HERE ARE GALLERIES OF HIS WORK...

http://www.jonstintedtails.com/gallery/index.php

This guys work is good but if you buy NIGHT SHADES(its a spray tint ) from summmit or jegs and have it clear coated its the same . call me and Illl explian 18003852727 ext 120

This guys work is good but if you buy NIGHT SHADES(its a spray tint ) from summmit or jegs and have it clear coated its the same . call me and Illl explian 18003852727 ext 120

I was just gonna say that. I got a can for around $10 and did it to my F-150. It's not a difficult process and as long as you don't let it run it will look professional. Mine looked like it was done by a pro and I hadn't even gotten around to the clearcoat before I traded it in.

Here's a pic of my lights, stock vs. 2 coats.
478839.jpg

Varies state to state, but general answer is that it is not legal. It is supposed to be for offroad and show use only.

Now, it really depends on the cop. I had blackouts on my truck for years and never had a problem. During the night a cop wouldn't really be able to tell, light shows through, just not as bright. During the day is a different story though.

However, it's up to the cop like I said before. I never had a problem with my taillight blackouts, however I did get issued a ticket for HEADLIGHT covers during the middle of the day.

just got an email back from him,here it is
Hi Bill,

LS tails cost $95 and the front bumper reflectors are $40 plus return
shipping for standard Stage 2 tint. Please keep in mind that if you
still
have the badging on the tails, those will be removed. I do not use
Nightshades or any of those hobby shop spray cans. I use professional
quality materials from PPG.

As far as the group buy goes, I price my work very low to begin with.
I
know there are other companies that do this work and charge close to
double
what I charge. So I don't really have much room for discounts. The
only
thing I can do for a group buy is 5% off for 5-10 people and 10% off
for 10
or more.

I would need around 2-3 days to complete the work plus shipping time.
Usually people do not drive their cars when the lights are being worked
on.
I do not know the laws for each state but the general rule is that as
long
as you can still see the lights shining from a certain distance you
will be
okay. If you are concerned about legal issues then go with a nothing
darker
than a medium tint.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jon DeSalvatore
www.jonstintedtails.com

Members online

Back