Tag Light LED's Never Shut Off

nghtshd88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just did most of my 05 with LED's from superbrightleds. At first the suggested tag lights with CANbus were around 90 lumens.

194 CAN Bus LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Retrofit | License Light Bulb | Rear Exterior LED Bulbs | LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

After installing they were wayyy to bright so I ordered 30 lumens without CANbus.

194 LED Bulb - 5 LED - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - 30 Lumens | License Light Bulb | Rear Exterior LED Bulbs | LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

The dimmer ones never shutoff ever.. no idea why as neither had a resistor in place? The CANbus is only to fix light out errors which i didnt get any with the dim ones anyway.

by them staying on all the time, do you mean they are they on very dim all the time or that they are on full brightness all the time?

if its the former, then that is totally normal...

...The dimmer ones never shutoff ever.. no idea why as neither had a resistor in place? The CANbus is only to fix light out errors which i didnt get any with the dim ones anyway.

You don't need any load resistor on those. That would actually increase the battery drain. They will shut off, but only when the car sleeps. The car will sleep about 30 minutes after the last thing you do to it (open or close a door, push a button, use remote, whatever). It will wake back up when you unlock it or open a door. Even if it didn't, it wouldn't matter. Your battery could power those two LEDs at a slight glow for a year anyway.

I have tag light LEDs in both of my LSes, and they both glow dimly till the cars sleep. Note that they are actually wasting less power than the incandescent bulbs that you replaced. (They didn't glow, but they did emit a little heat.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back