Tachometer Question

Ohiorudeboy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Tachometer Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 94' Mark and the tech needle sits at two grand and is taking a nap. Question is where does the tach connect? Also I'm getting a check engine light. I have a friend with a code scanner, when he connected it to the car, he said it gave him a air intake sensor code. "Whatever that meant". I just got the car in late 06' so now I'm trying to work out the bugs before the big P.A. meet. Any input will be considered.

Pocono pics 003.jpg

Copy of Myrtle Beach 007.jpg

Last edited:
The tach problem is common and easy to fix. The dial face of the tach has been known to slide down and touch the shaft connected to the needle, holding the needle in one spot. Just remove the instrument cluster and move the dial face away from the shaft and re glue it so it doesn't slide down again.

What was the actual error code number that came up?

By the way, that looks like some fun camping.:)

My friend with the code scanner just told me it meant I have a bad intake sensor. But didn't give me the code number. But it should be no problem to get him to hook the car up for me again. I never knew the intake had a sensor. So I thought I'd throw the idea out there and see what happens.

Yes the camping thing is great and makes you thankful for your home when you return home after a nice three day weekend. Most of my camping is with my motorcycle these days. Thanks Bill

A sensor could just be unplugged too. Look along the side of the intake tube that goes from the air box to the throttle body and make sure all the plugs are connected. I know when I took mine off and put it back on I forgot to plug one in and it threw a CEL.

Ok I'll look at that this weekend. Because the guy I got the car from couldn't get it to start so I had to work on it when I bought it. It was so funny, he didn't want to sell it after he heard it running. I did a nice burnout down his street then pulled it up onto a Uhaul car hauler. He lived in Michigan and I went and got the car after the buckeyes beat them in the big game. Now that's gangsta LVC style.

My team didn't show

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. Just getting over the shock from the loss. Glad to see we will be re-loading with different players. Happy for the guys that are going Pro. Time to step up for the guys that are coming back new season. I'm still proud of them for the fact that they made it as far as they did. It still tells the world that we don't play !!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back