Tach goes backwards

Gilby959798

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so when i searched about the tach problem it seemed that everyones was just "stuck" because of the numbers are unglued or something but my tach still moves just not normally. at WOT the tach goes backwards (see pic) and when it shifts it goes up. It has done this before but i could get it to go back to normal now it wont go back to normal is there anyone who has encountered something like this or anyone who has any other ideas than regluing the numbers...I searched only saw 1 post that remotely resembled my problem and they didnt say if it corrected it or not when i searched there were like 91 threads that i read through so not to sound like a dick but dont tell me to search something that i did search it sounded like me that the tach would only stay at a certain RPM not fluctuate like mine.

Thanks

1221081150a.jpg

I had the same problem that you did i could not fix it so i ended up buying a used guage cluster from a member on hear. that fixed the problem only like 20 or 30 dollers.

Search, damn you, n00b!

Now that I told you to Search:

1. Sounds like the cluster or the tach is toast. Time for a replacement
2. Sounds like the cluster or the tach is toast. Time for a replacement
3. Soun... well, you get the idea.

Search, damn you, n00b!

Now that I told you to Search:

1. Sounds like the cluster or the tach is toast. Time for a replacement
2. Sounds like the cluster or the tach is toast. Time for a replacement
3. Soun... well, you get the idea.

dude read my post i did search, read 91 threads only 1 was remotely related

slapped myself woke up and saw the light hmm i guess i will have to check to see if the engine is in backwards maybe it was just because i was pulling a wot reverse donut with this snow we have been getting

Dude, sarcasm ELUDES you.

Welcome back sir!
have a nice swim?

We got overrun with a whole cluster of noobs while you were off on your relaxing aqua adventures..

I'm sorry to report we did a poor job of preparing them for your arrival sir.

I ran out of baby food spoons about 3 days after you "waded into the dark waters"..
I put in a req for more and have only received large soup spoons.

*hangs head in shame*

(chokes myself)

Gil,
I haven't seen this happen in a mark 8 but it did happen on a fox body I had and on a mustang II (ducks for cover) I owned.

each time I replaced the tach/dash cluster

Welcome back sir!
have a nice swim?
Thank you.
Nope... but I have a lot of sand in places sand don't belong.

We got overrun with a whole cluster of noobs while you were off on your relaxing aqua adventures..

I saw some of those posts. I LOLd. :D

I'm sorry to report we did a poor job of preparing them for your arrival sir.

I ran out of baby food spoons about 3 days after you "waded into the dark waters"..
I put in a req for more and have only received large soup spoons.

*hangs head in shame*

(chokes myself)[/QUOTE]

No worries. I know the n00bs are well taken... "care" of when I'm not here. :D You done well. Letters of commendation for you and the gang.

Well we do the KK who has done his best to take over for the Frogman. Only thing is KK is 18 years old and sometimes the age factor come in to play...

Doesn't always word thing right but sure pisses people off..

Mine does the same, doesnt seem to be any fix for it. he harder I mash the throttle the more backwards it goes

Maybe put a mirror in there or something. Or get a label maker and move the numbers..

Maybe put a mirror in there or something. Or get a label maker and move the numbers..

ill get right on that but apparently my bro drove it today and it worked fine (had to get it alligned) i will check it out on wednesday when i go home for christmas

ill get right on that but apparently my bro drove it today and it worked fine (had to get it alligned) i will check it out on wednesday when i go home for christmas

Ah.... that explains it. The wheels were on backwards. I bet they were nice and rotated them when they did the alignment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back