Tabs on fuel lines into fuel pump...help!?

Trrrex92

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my fuel pump went out and I was trying to take out the old one. But I couldn't get the tab on the fuel line into the pump assembly to cooperate with me and it snapped off and i still can't get it out! The other tab on the other fuel line was already snapped but that fuel line pulls out fine.
My questions are
How do I get this other fuel line out? It's the one on the right in the photos
Will the lack of tabs be a problem when I get a new fuel pump? image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you're getting the entire unit you won't have to worry about broken tabs since they come with it. If you're replacing just the pump than you will need the tabs. I just did this a month ago and the tabs were a pain. The red tab you have to hold the entire time while pulling the tube out. The white tab, IIRC, you push down on the tub alittle bit then pinch the tab, then pull. You don't have to hold the tab while pulling - that won't get you anywhere.

If the tabs are broke, get replacements. Fuel lines are the absolute one thing I want to make sure are properly sealed. If it's A/C, or coolant, worst case is overheated engine or blown compressor pump.

Leaking fuel can be fatal, don't chance it. Good luck

So I broke the remaining of the tab because it was so brittle and now I can't get the white fuel line out anymore. ANY ADVICE? I couldn't find anything on that link that joegr posted.

I am replacing the whole fuel sending unit BTW

image.jpg

image.jpg

I got it! Just pulled and hoped nothing broke. Lol

So how does the fuel pump attach to the bottom of the tank?

Members online

No members online now.
Back