T.V. rots your brains.

crazyman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This is the first site that I have participated in as far as threads and such. The one thing I have found is that by a few simple questions, you can learn alot about a person.We all know what kind of cars people on this site like, and there is no shortage of political opinions. There is a recent thread in which pretty much everybody lamented about the pile of s*** that is reality TV. MY question is simple. What TV shows do you watch. Not favorites, but which 5 shows would you watch if you ran across them in a TV guide?

My 5,
1. Extreme Makeover Home Addition
2. Boston Legal
3.Great Biker Buildoff
4.Modern Marvels
5.MXC / Jackass ( I know it's 2 different shows, but they appeal to the same parts of my brain.)

Um, when I DO watch the thing, it's usually on the history channel. I love Modern Marvels and learning all sorts of crazy crap like that. All the war stuff. They had a GREAT thing on the Bible a few months ago that was just amazing. I might even buy that on DVD.

AMC movie channel
Espn2
Speed channel, cept on tues, and when they got certian races
History channel
Comedy channel, specially anyone from blue collar tv.

crazyman said:
This is the first site that I have participated in as far as threads and such. The one thing I have found is that by a few simple questions, you can learn alot about a person.We all know what kind of cars people on this site like, and there is no shortage of political opinions. There is a recent thread in which pretty much everybody lamented about the pile of s*** that is reality TV. MY question is simple. What TV shows do you watch. Not favorites, but which 5 shows would you watch if you ran across them in a TV guide?

My 5,
1. Extreme Makeover Home Addition
2. Boston Legal
3.Great Biker Buildoff
4.Modern Marvels
5.MXC / Jackass ( I know it's 2 different shows, but they appeal to the same parts of my brain.)

hm.....
The Simpsons
Family Guy
My Classic Car
Hot Rod TV
Married with Children

by the way, thanx for the recognition of my thread...i appreciate it

I stressed myself coming up with 5.
Family guy, Hell yes
Blue collar, Hell yes x 2
Married... All Hail

I try not to watch much TV. The only reason I even have cable is so I can have my cable modem. I find the Internet generally more entertaining and informative. When I'm really bored and must watch the tube I like

History Channel
Speed TV
Discovery
Comedy Channel
CNN

Most of the shows I'll watch have been mentioned already

Simpsons
My Classic Car
Monster Garage
Hot Rod TV

There are a few others I'm sure. Just not coming to mind right now.

crazyman said:
I stressed myself coming up with 5.
Family guy, Hell yes
Blue collar, Hell yes x 2
Married... All Hail

yea, married with children has been a favorite of mine for quite some time...but simpsons kinda takes the cake as far as my favorites...

When it somes to the stations there are these five

Fox
TNT
History Channel
SpikeTV
TBS

TV Shows, the five I can think of are:

Simpsons
Family Guy
Seinfeld
Frasier
Car and Driver television

:monkey:

History Channel

Discovery Channel

The Food Network

Military Channel

A & E

My tv goes on at 9am and off at 12 midnight or 1am.
It is tuned to fox all day with the exception of one hour local news and then jeopardy and wheel of fortune.
I hardly ever watch it, it is kinda there in the background except for some breaking news item , jeopardy and wheel.
I work out in the yard alot, but the tv stays on.

Bob Hubbard said:
My tv goes on at 9am and off at 12 midnight or 1am.
It is tuned to fox all day with the exception of one hour local news and then jeopardy and wheel of fortune.
I hardly ever watch it, it is kinda there in the background except for some breaking news item , jeopardy and wheel.
I work out in the yard alot, but the tv stays on.

that's interesting...
some people listen to music all day in the backround...and u have ur TV....cool...

When I'm alone and have time to watch the tube, my top 5 in order of preference at this point in time would be:

1) A good movie
2) Futurama
3) A good informative show like Extreme Structures, Mail Call, or Horsepower TV
4) A good deer hunting show
5) Lost

I forgot to list Scare Tactics on the SciFi Channel. So I might as well post ESPN as my #7, too.

1)Trauma: life in the E/R*/Critical Hour*(not comedy but I love these shows!)
2)Cops
3)Tom & Jerry
4)Judge Judy/Mathis/Texas Justice
5)(tie) Saturday night live/ Walker, Texas Ranger
What can I say? I love great comedies!

Members online

No members online now.
Back