system in a lincoln, will it work???

LTC roller

LVC Member
Reaction score
hello everyone, well, i just bought a 97 towncar signature series a couple months back, its got the jbl radio in it. i was wondering, if there was a way, that i could take the factory amplifier out of the trunk, and put in an aftermarket multi channel amplifier (oh, lets say 800 watts) so that way i could run 2 12's, plus the stock highs/mids, all while keeping the stock head unit in the dash. is this possible, and if so how? i have looked all over the internet, all various lincoln sites, and came up empty. theres info on putting in an aftermarket head unit, aftermarket speakers, but absolutely nothing on the question i asked above. if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction it would very much be appreciated.

basically what i'm hoping to be able to do, is take out the factory amplifier, put my new multi channel amp in its place and wire it up (running new 4 gauge power/ground wire to the amp through the car) connect the speaker wires and call it a day. do i need any special harness to do this? i really want a nice system in my car, but i dont want to have to replace the stock radio in the dash, just the amplifier, well, as mentioned above, any and all info to guide me in the right direction will be very greatly appreciated, sincerely, jason

:( Dude I hate to be the bearer of bad news as far as an easy fix, sorry the problem is in the way lincoln runs their system if you have the jbl system you actuley have 2 amps one for mids and highs and my favorite bass yea theirs a sub woofer in their with its own box and everything the problem is that if i am not mistaken the the harness carries a common posative in other words its either all or nothing what i will tell you to do is completely rerun a new system its the easiest and safest in my opinion. I realy feel for you I've been down this road well I hope I could help oh btw if you do follow my advice save every piece that you take out and put on ebay i have no idea why but lincoln sound parts go for bookoo bucks.

I am not shure how to quote from the mark viii forum this is what i did in
my mark.
I have alpine type S's for the 5x7s with the stock wires, amp, deck then a 10" infinity perfect sub w/infinity amp and cap, stock tweeters I love it and have had many others like the set up

Members online

No members online now.
Back