System buttons on the console

JaysLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The four buttons above my navigation (fuel, reset, status and ?) have been punched through. Does anyone here know how to fix this? Thanks Jay

Thanks gcwimmer, that helped a lot. Nice to know how to fix it myself. The local Lincoln dealer quoted me $115 to fix it.

5 min epoxy form ACE hardware, $5, call it a day

ms-werd.jpg

All Fixed

I wasn't sure if I should try to fix it out of fear of making the problem worse, but I attempted it yesterday. Success!!! Thanks for the advice on how to fix it. Now if I could only replace the spark plugs and ignition coils myself. ;)

I wasn't sure if I should try to fix it out of fear of making the problem worse, but I attempted it yesterday. Success!!! Thanks for the advice on how to fix it. Now if I could only replace the spark plugs and ignition coils myself. ;)

those aren't really that much harder, just a couple of bolts that are tricky to get to, but nothing that cant be done in an hour or two (unless you have a V6, then its quite a bit more intensive)

Is there a better choice for ignition coils other than Motorcraft? What do the rest of you recommend for the COPs?

no, there has been many problems with using aftermarket coils (of course there have been many many problems with OEM coils) i guess its damned if you do, and damned if you dont.

but i would recommend going OEM (over and over again)

Then Motorcraft it is. The local Lincoln dealer quoted me $99.50 each and $153 for the complete valve cover gasket kit.

What about oxygen sensors and the L/R Knock sensors, are they worth replacing when doing a tune-up?

Then Motorcraft it is. The local Lincoln dealer quoted me $99.50 each and $153 for the complete valve cover gasket kit.

What about oxygen sensors and the L/R Knock sensors, are they worth replacing when doing a tune-up?

You might want to give Max at 5 Star Ford a call. A hundred dollars each coil?? I bought a whole set of 8 off eBay for $140 and those have been going two years strong. Hoping lightning strikes twice I bought a set for my Navi.

I lot of the "after market" coils have been identified as repackaged Motorcraft, and either joegr or Quik LS pointed out they are on the 3rd or 4th edition/upgrade of OEM.

they better be using lube with that because i got 1 from max for somewhere over fifty dollars

Members online

Back