Swithed 06 Front Grill

jgscott

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Strange as it is, I see everyone favors the LSE and 06 front grill. I just never have liked it. It just always reminds me of big smiling teeth or braces. Or the Lincoln Town car grill.

So I own a 02 V8 Sport and got a low miles 06 a few months ago. Well yesterday I found a great condition non 06 grill, and installed it on my 06. I think it blends the front end of the 06 a little better IMO. Well what do you guys think?

FYI my car was not washed or clean and I need to clear the Headlights, which I plan to do this weekend.

image1.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

Paint the forehead tiara black to match the car... can't stand it. And while you're at it, paint the baleen/teeth gloss black to match as well. Or at least use some back-to-black reconditioner

In my opinion, of course.

Am I mistaken or isn't the LSE grille painted body color with DK graphite bars ? :shifty:

Not A Fan. Aside from the 06/LSE grille, the only other grilles I like are the 02 LSE grille, McLaren Grille, or any Factory LS grille painted gloss black with a color matched surround. IMO keep your 06 Grille and just paint the bars gloss black,

Not A Fan. Aside from the 06/LSE grille, the only other grilles I like are the 02 LSE grille, McLaren Grille, or any Factory LS grille painted gloss black with a color matched surround. IMO keep your 06 Grille and just paint the bars gloss black,

The 02 LSE grille (my year) is sweet

personally I have always hated the standard grilles for either generation, getting the LSE grille was the first thing I did to my 1st gen, and then I was glad it didn't get wrecked out when the car did and I was able to repaint it for my 2nd gen.

honestly I have never cared for the McLaren girlle, but as time has gone on my dislike for chrome has grown and now have actually started to like it. but I think what I would like to see now would be to just get rid of the chrome in the waterfall. especially with an 06 bumper, I would like to see body painted surround and then either a flat black or glossy black waterfall depending on the rest of the cars color.

Am I mistaken or isn't the LSE grille painted body color with DK graphite bars ? :shifty:

only the 1st gen is,

the 2nd gen is body matched surround with a chrome waterfall (the bars)

Members online

No members online now.
Back