Reaction score
I'V HAD MY SOUNDS FOR NOT LONG NOW, BUT IM NOT FEELING IT

I HAVE A

JL AUDIO

W7 ProWedge 13.5" & Slash v2 1000/1v2 AMP

I ONLY GOT IT TO TRY IT OUT

BUT I NEED TO DO MORE

ANY IDEAS

and how much cash u got to spend? if you are trying to be heard miles away, have 4 of those w7 13.5's and an amp to power each, in the properly tuned ported box. i'm in to loud bass if you cant tell. also if you were to perform such a feat, you would need a h/o alternator and probably another battery at the least..

if bass is what you seek check out critical mass, but the only way you can get a hold of one is to go personally to A&G and pick one up. 1500 for the sub, 5000w rms and 10k peek. the catch?, it only weighs 18 pounds. my friend has 2 of the 10 in LA i believe, unless they got another shipment. if you get such a setup you will need to upgrade your highs or it will completely drown them out. alternator, upgraded wiring, and some earplugs are just a few things your going to need for this sub.

One big thing to look at is the "Excursion Rate", which those critical mass subs :eek: holy crap 46MM. Its not just the size of the sub that makes SPL's. Its the air mass you move, well not totaly but makes a major part. I jove JL's but the Eclipse 8200's have 38mm xmax. They are higher than the W7's @ 32mm. I was hitting 129dB (not in the LS) with 2 JL 12W3v2's and I hit harder than this guy that had 2 memphis 15's and double the watts. Another rule of thumb, if you want to be heard, go large. If you want hit hard, get more power. Research the difference in SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and dB (decibles). It will help you understand what makes loud and want makes numbers in a competition.
eastcoastLS-
properly tuned ported box
A crap box is always the first common mistake in a set-up. Do your math, build it right.

If you dont want to spend 1500 bucks on one. these are less than half that.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw/sw8200.html

that's the best box you can have for that sub since it is tuned specifically to specs. that's your best bet

thats true, but right now im in the works of doing my whole truck so i want to get out the way, the friend thats helping me out did say to get another 2 or 3 w7's, but idk about that, i already got the layout done, im just open for suggestions

Members online

No members online now.
Back