Switching from Lincoln to Cadillac

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, I am a Lincoln guy, having owned many of them. But here is a Cadillac I would trade for any day. Man, the Caddy guys really have a lot of momentum going. I hope they keep it up and raise the stakes even higher.

Caddy photoshop pic.jpg

Hmmm A lil smaller then I owuld like, but definately a sharp car

MonsterMark said:
Well, I am a Lincoln guy, having owned many of them. But here is a Cadillac I would trade for any day. Man, the Caddy guys really have a lot of momentum going. I hope they keep it up and raise the stakes even higher.

:) Nice. I am a 2 door person. I like two door cars even though they aren't practical. :D

This one's not bad either

cadillac-xlr-1.jpg

Last edited:
exile said:
This one's not bad either
The XLR gets its power from a new 320-horsepower 4.6-liter V8 - the same size engine as on the last of the Allante models, but considerably different in execution. It is linked to a five-speed automatic transmission with a manual shift mode. The transmission is mounted back near the rear-wheel drive differential, which helps the XLR attain a nearly ideal 50-50 weight balance for precise handling.

With a relatively light weight of 3,650 pounds, the XLR can clip off zero-to-60 acceleration times of under six seconds, with the top speed governed at 157 miles an hour. Even at extra-legal speeds the XLR feels tightly planted and eminently controllable.

http://www.jsonline.com/wheels/test/jan04/201269.asp

MonsterMark said:
Dude. You have GOT to be smokin the greens if you think that the ride and handling of a plastic Cadillac (DUCK) can compare to even the smallest and cheapest of Lincolns.

I vacationed in FLA in Feb of 2003 and Enterprise promised me the same corporate rate for the same fullsized luxury yachts that I rented here in Philly; presumably the 03 Lincoln Towncar on the 1998 frame. I fly a bijillion miles to Pensacola, FLA just to have some guy drop off a fully loaded 03 Caddy. Even had the AC running for me. Nice touch. Same thing happened in Key West ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS! The same thing happened in Miami ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS! The same thing happened in North Carolina ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS!

Long story short: After two solid weeks away from my Lincolns, even on the smoothest streets on the planet (Pensacola) the modern day Caddy's cannot compare to the ride of a fully restored Mark VII.

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in a Cadillac forum. My bad. Let the caneing begin.

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't been called Dude in years! Makes me feel young again. LOL.

I have either owned or driven a whole heritage of Lincolns starting with a '79 Mark V up thru most of the Town Cars starting in '84, with a MARK VII tossed in there and my current fleet of Mark VIII'. I am talking about the bling, bling factor. It is a photoshop of what a Caddy could look like. I think it is hot. As far as ride, I take a Town Car for long trips. I have driven TC's probably over 500,000 on business in the last 20 years, so I know what you are talking about. Long trips, great. For around town, give me something with style and pizazz and a little balls. Seems that this Caddy would foot the bill. I wish desperately that Lincoln had a fleet of cars that people seem to want like Caddy does now. Hopefully this will engage Ford to step up to the plate and give people what they want. This whole crossover SUV thing is going to get real tired. There will always be a market for a big, full size car with a huge trunk that rides like a sofa. Older people and their old bones will always gravitate to that, just nature doing its thing.

I just rented a Town car for a long trip to see what the competition felt like and boy when I pulled up outside my wife said I don't know if I should get in the front or the back :) ! It definetly does ride better than my DTS with 20 inch wheels but it just falls over dead in the corners and the power is horrible. I also have driven base model Devilles they ride as good as the Lincoln and you feel in control. But then again thats why Caddy for the last 5-7 years has sold more large luxury cars then anyone! It is not hard to do a smooth ride but it is hard to do that and have sporty handling!

And besides no Town Car is going to give you the looks I get in this bad boy :p

DTS PICTURES 014.jpg

The 2-door up there is beautiful, looks a bit BMWish though.

Spidar6996 said:
:) Nice. I am a 2 door person. I like two door cars even though they aren't practical. :D
Two Door is not practical??? My biggest complaint in life lately is "If I want to buy a two door car it's gotta be a pickup, and even then, I'm lucky"
:F

OldSchool1 said:
Dude. You have GOT to be smokin the greens if you think that the ride and handling of a plastic Cadillac (DUCK) can compare to even the smallest and cheapest of Lincolns.

I vacationed in FLA in Feb of 2003 and Enterprise promised me the same corporate rate for the same fullsized luxury yachts that I rented here in Philly; presumably the 03 Lincoln Towncar on the 1998 frame. I fly a bijillion miles to Pensacola, FLA just to have some guy drop off a fully loaded 03 Caddy. Even had the AC running for me. Nice touch. Same thing happened in Key West ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS! The same thing happened in Miami ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS! The same thing happened in North Carolina ... Caddys and NO TOWNCARS!

Long story short: After two solid weeks away from my Lincolns, even on the smoothest streets on the planet (Pensacola) the modern day Caddy's cannot compare to the ride of a fully restored Mark VII.

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in a Cadillac forum. My bad. Let the caneing begin.

:I

How about a northstar in a towncar or the DOHC from the cobra in a towncar, what do we think of that fellas???

I managed to rack up 23 points on my license just with a 5.0 non HO. Boy is that pedal light. Anything faster and i would have killed myself.

Big Joe

TC,s a Great Car, I rent 2 or 3 a year on Business Lov'em

...but I still like to punch it... and my STS give me a little comfort with a side order of speed.

What is it?

MonsterMark said:

Quite honestly, that photoshopped picture looks a lot like the new STS. Now when the STS-V debuts in a year or two, you'll probably get something that looks even better, with a 400HP drivetrain to boot.

Here's a quickie of a 2005 STS lowered:

2005_sts_dropped.jpg

Kale

Here are a few actual 2005 Cadillac STS pics I took last week for an article im writing - but here is a preview - These are of the $43,000 base model

DSC00975 (Small).JPG

DSC00974 (Small).JPG

DSC00970 (Small).JPG

DSC00981 (Small).JPG

DSC01002 (Small).JPG

DSC00973 (Small).JPG

Man, what is with all these beauty covers on all the engines now? I hate it. I want to see the engine, not a bunch of plastic.

BTW, I have a 1st gen beauty cover for sale if interested.
icon10.gif

that little caddy cooks,its fast and handels super great,i took one through the mountains of colorado,hope his mom wasent mad woops,,,,the lincole has a lot more power to the rear wheels,i think the cad is the winner here sorry and i have a 93 mark-8,and a 93 sedan deville,but when i raise h-ll i go lincoln and when i want to cruse,caddy.

Members online

Back