switchblade key

Count Me In!!! I would buy this for sure... It Reminds me of my Mercedes-Benz ML55 AMG SUV

My wife's MDX has them. I wouldn't pay a dime for one. Most ridiculous idea I ever saw. Give me a setup that requires no key at all and I'm interested. Switchblade fob's are big, and nothing more than a gimmick.

2001LS8Sport said:
My wife's MDX has them. I wouldn't pay a dime for one. Most ridiculous idea I ever saw. Give me a setup that requires no key at all and I'm interested. Switchblade fob's are big, and nothing more than a gimmick.
I don't know about your Lincoln key, but my key itself is huge in comparison to my wifes grand prix key so i doub't that it would be much larger than my existing key. I am game for one if this ever goes through.

Octane, if you read up a bit or the beginning it says that there was and apparently still is a patent pending on this

When you get this setup done, You go ahead put up a post and I'll be there ordering for my LS and the wife's mountaineer.

Hate to dig up an old thread like this, but I just thought of something, and I'd like to confirm it, or at least get a little more motivation before making an ebay purchase.

Would the Jag S-Type switchblade key work on the LS? I've never seen one in person or looked at the keyhole on a jag, what do you think? aside from it having the jag logo on it, it doesnt look too bad. Plus they go for $20-$40

IM IN FOR TWO if the patent ever goes through...i think 90% of this forum would be ordering them lol

That might have been good, but it's not gonna work as the jag's key is kind of round shaped.

Here is a picture.

Hate to dig up an old thread like this, but I just thought of something, and I'd like to confirm it, or at least get a little more motivation before making an ebay purchase.

Would the Jag S-Type switchblade key work on the LS? I've never seen one in person or looked at the keyhole on a jag, what do you think? aside from it having the jag logo on it, it doesnt look too bad. Plus they go for $20-$40

1439558_34.jpg

soo the patent is probably not going to work because it is too similar to the oem keys already produced. and that means that i cant get the financing without it. so if anyone else wants to take a shot at it then go for it but i am at a standstill for now.

Damn, thanks for the replies guys. Also, I checked with the dealer too, you are right, this will not work.

*NEW* Product found....

:cool:

You guys are gonna love this! Well, hopefully! I just ordered one, I'll take detailed pics when it gets in & let you know what I think about it as well as how it works.

Thank goodness too, because now I dont have to carry around that big OEM key that pokes me in my leg with dress pants on!

Oh, and heres the URL:
http://www.ikeyless.com/content/retractable-key-remote-2001-lincoln-ls-0:

Those have popped up on ebay from time to time. I hope the quality is better than it looks from ebay.

just watched the video. how does it open? i don't think its possible to push button open and push button close.

lincoln should have made the keys like the audi once or benz
2536251875_b828c00f4b.png

img4816d589a8450.jpg

but if someone does find one for the ls count me in

Audi's new Keyws are badass....no switch blad at all..just pup the thing in and the car turns on.....like a light socket :-D

A lot of new Dodge/ Chrysler vehicles have keys just like the benz's keys.

I'll just stick with my car alarm and factor keys.....hell they were 80bucks at ford and to reprogram them is included in that price.....

Members online

Back