Swaybar and links

brendanLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the book says that it should take 1.6 hours to replace the swaybar, is this reasonable? Should it take more time? I was charged $297.00 by the dealer. @ $85.00 per/hr this comes out to be 3.4 hrs.

$297 for just LABOR? That seems quite high. It's only a 2-2.5 hour job for a shadetree mechanic

Ya rip off huh. I just got off the phone with the dealer that I bought the LS from and they are sending me a check for $550 and the total on the bill was $664 for swaybar links and an alignment. So i dont mind eating the $164.

need clarification

If all they did was change the sway bar end links and then aligned the steering, then the $164 you paid for parts, labor, and alignment is okay.

If they would have changed the sway bar, then you should expect to pay a pretty penny. Changing that is a major PITA.

If all they did was change the sway bar end links and then aligned the steering, then the $164 you paid for parts, labor, and alignment is okay.

If they would have changed the sway bar, then you should expect to pay a pretty penny. Changing that is a major PITA.

They changed the sway bar and end links

Members online

Back