Sway Bar End Link cap... Junk yard trip anyone?

Wicked Ace

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Still have not found any myself, maybe a trip to the Home Depot or Lowes will turn up a plastic cap of some type.

May I ask why you think they are needed?

Long answer......The cable for the emergency brake is routed over the sway bar end link and rubs it apparently by design. The plastic covers help to reduce wear to the sleeve during suspension travel.
Short answer......Poor engineering.

Yes I know that...I've replaced almost everything in my suspension...I cut a piece of hose and placed it over the cable...it can rub all day and all night long...if the engineering is poor...make it better.

My plastic clips broke off as soon as I looked at them.

Well, I also need one of these caps for the driver's side link. I located the cap in the "Service Information" CD in the rear suspension/stabilizer link section, but it is just shown there with no part number. Then I went to the dealers' parts department, and that cap does not show in their drawings of the rear suspension/stabilizer links. However, it does show up in the drawing describing the rear assembly of the electronic parking brake - go figure. I ordered the one for the driver's side, and since it is a "Detroit" item, I should get it in about 3 days. I'll post the P/N when I get it and I'll also ask and post the P/N for the passenger side. The price is $4.98 ea.

I picked up the left side sway bar link cap yesterday from the dealer. The part numbers are below:

Left side (driver's) - P/N 3W4Z-2860-AA (Description on package: clip) - Black
Right side - P/N 3W4Z-2860-BA - White

I recently ordered and received from the dealer; cost $4.96 each

FordPartsGiant.com advertises for $2.58. The description on that site and other sites is: Clip - Parking Brake Cable.

I picked up the left side sway bar link cap yesterday from the dealer. The part numbers are below:

Left side (driver's) - P/N 3W4Z-2860-AA (Description on package: clip) - Black
Right side - P/N 3W4Z-2860-BA - White

I recently ordered and received from the dealer; cost $4.96 each

FordPartsGiant.com advertises for $2.58. The description on that site and other sites is: Clip - Parking Brake Cable.

A little less at Tasca but with shipping probably about the same as the dealer. I just can't get out during those hours. Thanks for the part #s. My cables are showing wear already from the bolt end of the sway bar link.

Members online

Back