sway bar bushings

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i have now purchase the energy sway bar bushing. I have question before i go to install them, Has anyone also put the grease fitting on also and do they fit in that area, and if so are you still able to grease them after install. Thanks

I have the greasble set but haven't greased them since installing them last year. What size bushings did you buy and what year and model LS do you have? Sport or Non sport?

It's a 2002 sport V8 with the 30 m bushings just wondering if any one was able to put the fitting on when they installed them. Thanks

What size do I need for a non sport? :confused: Is it the 1 1/6? It's a 2000 LS8 non sport.

I belive that will work. I think I put the 1 1/8 on originally and that ended up being too loose. I can check at home tonight and look at the package, but I think that's what I used. 27mm sticks out in my mind as the correct size and 1 1/16 is pretty much the exact conversion.

And you can install them with the grease fittings attached.

Alright out to the garage i go can't handle this little man under my car knocking every time i go over a bump. Will see if it tighting it up. Thanks

ok driver side easy but the passenger side is a B$tch i got the bolt for the sway bar bracket off the back and the bolt facing the front to the back for that bracket you have to move but can't seem to get the top one undone tried it from the top with an exetion and an elbow and 10 mm socket but keeps slipping any other way of getting this bolt?

You have to move the DCCV out of the way. The bracket that holds the DCCV is right on top of the bolt you need to get to. There are two little bolts holding the bracket to the car. There are pics and instructions on how to do this already. I'll try and search and find the previous thread.

ok thats where i have gone wrong then you have to remove the dccv out of the way to get to that bolt ok i will try that thanks

Well job done, hand are sore, But well worth it. My little man under my floor boards is gone.

Members online

Back