Swapped in the Audiophile system...

lsbit

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It wasn't too bad. I took the rear deck assy and head unit from my wife's car and put it in my car. She wanted the extra trunk space, so it worked out for both of us. The only modifying I had to do was make a 4 ft harness of 4 wires that went from the Audiophile head unit to a blue connector on the driver's side of the car near the kick panel. That connector has wires that run to the trunk where the connector plugs right into the rear amp. As cheap as you can get these HUs on Ebay, is pretty nice to have that line-out for a rear amp anyway, and because most of the wiring is already done, that is a bonus too.

Once I put my HU in my wife's car she said, "Where's the bass?". This coming from a woman who says she doesn't care... It did sound like crap. After looking at the audiophile speakers, I see the problem. The speaker design produces no bass, so....I swapped all the speakers also. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts taking apart both cars like that. Door panels all over the place! The driveway has a good rake to it too, so doing a lot of this stuff in the car with leather is tough. I can't wait until I move into my permanent house.

I didn't swap the front amp. I'll bet the 2 head units are the same, minus some pins, writing on the tape deck door and a button.

I have pictures of where all this stuff is. If anyone ever needs it just pm me.

Members online

Back