Suspension? Shocks? Struts?

Krishna

LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2000 LS8 Sport and it seems that it is about 1/2" lower on the right side than it is on the left. This is taking a toll on my brand new dubs. My rubber grinds alot of the right side and it will only grind on the left over large bumps. I've taken the vehicle to the dealership and they say my shocks, suspension and struts are fine. I'd like to get a second opinion since that's exactly what they told me about the "new" brake pads that were squeaking non-stop. "They're brand new, high-quality brake pads." Ha, yeah right! Anyone have any ideas?

Krishna said:

That is the side that someone is always on when driving. Maybe they were alittle tubby.
Put the car on level ground. Measure from the ground to common point on both sides of the car. If it is 1/2 difference (which isn't very much) try putting new shocks (Euro's they are much stiffer, won't get as much suspension movement). Then when that doesn't work you'll realize that 20's
are alittle big for this car. Just my thoughts. Take or leave em. :Beer

Thanks for the reply, I've taken it to a few places and they say that 1/2" is nothing to worry about. I've decided to roll my fenders today so we'll see how that goes. I'll be finally posting up some pics after that is done. I'll probably also put on some new shocks sometime in the near future.

Members online

Back