Suspension Modes - revisited

MooJohn

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I posted that switching my suspension to firm didn't make much (if any) difference, and that I remember it making a huge difference on my grandmother's 95 (back in 1995). I've been researching the system and I may create a device that disconnects the shock solenoids at WOT, putting them at full firm, and holds them there for say 5-10 secs after releasing WOT. It would also have a manual switch of course.

I've always known that the car would not allow an unsafe combination, say firm suspension and light steering. I usually drive with steering in normal and suspension in firm. Today I switched the steering to hard and I would swear that the suspension is firmer now -- still in the firm mode it's always been in.

Can anyone else try a few combinations and see if this is all in my head? Eventually I will actually verify it with a volt meter (12v = soft, 0v = firm) to see when my car switches shock modes. It is said to do it dynamically; not a duty cycle percentage but say soft on compression and then firm on rebound to keep things smooth. It will be interesting to watch in action.

I never toyed around with the Conti I had, it was the wife's car. But its an interesting idea...

I know I can feel a difference from plush to firm, it corners a bit better with a little less body roll. Always keep my steering on the middle setting, whatever that is

Members online

No members online now.
Back