Suspension & Brake problem

thamarkman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My brother's 89' Mark VII has been having some problems recently. All of the sudden he will lose his power brakes, at the same time the air suspension seems to turn off. The Air suspension light comes on, and eventually the nose will drop but the compressor won't pump it back up. Its like it doesn't have any power. We thought it might be a fuseable link, did some checking, cleaned up some connectors and the car worked fine for a while. Now the same thing is happening again. I was just wondering if anyone else around here has had any similar problems? thanks.

It still could be the fuseable links. The terminals could be going bad that connect it to the starter solonoid. It is strange that the car would drop the front end though. The brakes should also work independently of the abs, but once again if the controllers had no power, you never know they could be related. I had to put a distrobution block on my fuseable links in my 88 because more than 1 terminal was starting to go out. Its only crimped on after all.

Have you ruled out the basics?
Stop all vacuum leaks and correct the charging system and you'll be AMAZED at the performance of the car.
Replace the battery, altenator AND regulator. A three year old battery is NOT a new battery :)

All of my troubles turned out to be the ignition switch. It still amazes me how a $30 dollar part could disable both the power brakes and suspension system. Well everything is fixed now and the car is working fine.

Members online

Back