Suspension and Coolant Issue

dtwizzy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi community, I have some questions and wonder if anyone else has had the same issues. So first off I would like to say thanks for the help I have posted here before and also answered questions of others so its great that we have this community. Well here goes, I have a 2001 LS V8, on the right rear when I have someone in the right rear back seat or sometimes in the front passenger when they get out the car makes a terrible squeaking noise when it raises back up I also here this noise when driving and going over uneven roads like in parking lots and slow driving, Im lost as to what I need to replace to get this fixed Im confused on if its a rear strut or the shock absorber. I bought and had installed a rear strut that has not fixed the issue. I also need to get a rear wheel bearing for the same side which Im getting done soon. Also when I press down on the trunk on either side or push the rear either left or right I hear the noise.

Secondly the I have to constantly refill my anti-freeze coolant, I know when I need to do this based on the fans when Im driving. So when Im driving or come to a stop light or in a parking lot when I press the accelerator even slightly I hear the fans come back down to normal. It seems as though its running really high when I do not have the coolant and thats when I will check and find that its low. With that said I cannot find a leak nor do I have a puddle under the car where it has leaked out. I cannot see where there is a leak where I pour in the coolant. Im at a loss here, coolant issue is getting old having to spend money on coolant. So far as the rate at which I need to add more coolant it could last three weeks or four weeks I mainly hear or know when I hear the fans running high.

And one last quick question when I replace my spark plugs which I plan to do on my own which plugs are recommended for the best performance and life? when I put them in is there a recommended torque or just put them in till they are tight? I do not want to mess up my car. I stopped at a stop light and my car completely died the electrical was still working lights radio and and all but the there was no power the engine didnt give any indication or noise that it stopped I pressed the gas and noticed I had no engine power any ideas what that could be?

Thanks Community

Squeak is either rear ball joints or a cracked coil spring. My 2002 has both problems. Driving me nuts... Lol

Oh boy. For your first two problems try using the search function. You'll find a lot of info on your ageing plastic cooling parts and rear control arm bushings.

Spark Plugs come with manufacturer guidelines for tightening. I hand tightened then wrenched 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn. You'll probably have trouble backing some old ones out, don't force it...that'll mess up your car more than installing them. Work them out by tightening them a half turn or so when you encounter resistance when loosening. Would be a good time to look at the wells and ignition coil boots; search function.

1st issue is most likley rear bushings, probably lower, but definitly bushings. These cooling systems are supersensitive about leaks, air in the system, etc. I ended up replaceing the degas bottle as hairline cracks I could not see would lweak under pressure. then bleed the air out of the system. (Search forum for cooling system, excellent tips here). Fan kicks in higher sppeds when teperature rises in cooling system (all related). Lastly, I used the Autolite Iridium plugs, excellant with no misfires..Make sure you use ant-seeze compound and torque to 19ftlbs (26NM). good luck ..

I stopped at a stop light and my car completely died the electrical was still working lights radio and and all but the there was no power the engine didnt give any indication or noise that it stopped I pressed the gas and noticed I had no engine power any ideas what that could be?

Anyone have an idea as to what this may be? When I recently came to a stop the car sputtered but did not completely lose power!

Did you ever fix the cooling system issues?
There are many possibilities for the stalling. One of the many that comes to mind is the IAC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back