Supercherger

feeninpeece

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone got cad models or dimensions of the gen 1 intake manifold or block with heads? Either would work. Some calm tuesday morning sc planning.

I know this forum hates these types of questions but has anyone looked into multiple gaskets to lower the compression ratio to a more boost friendly number? I understand that there’s something called quench distance which must be taken into consideration.

both the information and deliverables you are requesting, as well as the appetite for the discussion of these topics likely left this forum years ago to join a larger population of like minded users who own different cars.

That being said I hope you get the answers :)

both the information and deliverables you are requesting, as well as the appetite for the discussion of these topics likely left this forum years ago to join a larger population of like minded users who own different cars.

That being said I hope you get the answers :)
I want this car

Buy a 2006 Jaguar S-Type R - essentially the same car with the motor you are looking for

I was kind of interested as well when I first bought this car, but I haven't been able to find Jack about it either.

Wasn't there a guy on the forum last year that put the blower & intercooler from an S-Type on his engine? I think he didn't lower his comp ratio or anything...but I don't think he ever came back

I forgot about that one, but I was thinking of this thread. It was 2 years ago...& he never came back. History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes

I will be getting a charger that’s reasonably sized for this engine and making a custom intake manifold with fuel rails for it. My main considerations right now are do I have to buy an intake to map out the dimensions or does someone have any info. my second worry is the compression ratio. I don’t know enough about quench distance to know if the head can be spaced out. the cr can be taken to a specified value using simple math however. I have access to a machine shop and can turn a hundred different pulleys for whatever boost value i want. I don’t care about the hood line worst comes to worst i’m cutting through it.

I was kind of interested as well when I first bought this car, but I haven't been able to find Jack about it either.

It's a labor intensive process that most people don't have the skill level to do... and to have someone else do it would be very expensive.

But even when done... a suspension and brake upgrade would be mandatory upgrades.

I’d like to avoid getting a whole engine to boost. I’m interested in getting a 4.2 block to tear apart and make stronger internals for it after this is done tho.

It's a labor intensive process that most people don't have the skill level to do... and to have someone else do it would be very expensive.

But even when done... a suspension and brake upgrade would be mandatory upgrades.

I have decided to take it up in a few months. I’ll be moving into a new residence with my own 2 car garage. Coming from nyc this is a dream. I’ll be 10 minutes away from a CNC shop that most people here couldn’t imagine. I’m sure with enough motivation I can get it done.

The typical Jag intakes are backwards... with the TB at the firewall.

There are some older threads in the Performance section. IIRC... a couple people made it work.

I have decided to take it up in a few months. I’ll be moving into a new residence with my own 2 car garage. Coming from nyc this is a dream. I’ll be 10 minutes away from a CNC shop that most people here couldn’t imagine. I’m sure with enough motivation I can get it done.

And $$$$$. Keep in mind that just because the shop is CNC... that it is going to be easy. They are still going to have to figure out dimensions and write a program.

Custom work is never cheap.

And $$$$$. Keep in mind that just because the shop is CNC... that it is going to be easy. They are still going to have to figure out dimensions and write a program.

Custom work is never cheap.
It is a university shop that i am paying for in the form of tuition. It’s essentially mine. They will never turn me away because something is too difficult, rather just tell me to figure it out

Yes as we speak. I’m already pretty good with CAD but i need more cam experience. i do believe this can all be done using manual machine work or welding. I do need to learn how to weld it’s about time. But if i can use the intake manifold from the 03 str and up, then i don’t think i’ll need to weld.

Members online

No members online now.
Back