supercharging my mark [97]

George Eisenhart

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am doing my due diligence before undertaking supercharging my mark VIII. this is intended to be a street vehicle driven occasionally. how ever a run at bonniville,[ not for a record] but just to do it is planned.I will be getting mycompition lic. from the S.C.T.A. this year. with a salt run planned for next aug/sept.what supercharger would be the best? Im leaning toward the Ford kit. My guess is its most likly well thought out and will clear the hood .I,ll be talking with Dennis @ Reinhart.Do any of you members have any experiance or imput on this? I don't want to distroy this beautiful car but I do want A true Hot Rod Linc.Thanks for your input. George Eisenhart.

Last edited:
There is a lot of information about supercharging on the site. I don't know a whole lot myself, but you should be able to find answers to most of your questions with a search. You can ask more about specifics once you've found some posts about what works and doesn't. A lot of guys put on a cobra intake and use a kit for a 96-98 Mustang Cobra.

One thing Sir you should do a good search on Mr Reinhart at google just type in "Truth About Reinhart".

If you need anything please call us up Id be glad to help any way i can.

If you have the money you could always buy a terminator powerplant, install that and have all the good stuff. Thats if you got the money, there are a few ways to go about this. That you must chose yourself.

The first question you would need to answer is: What type and amount of power are you looking for? Are you looking for low end power or more top end oriented power. You cannot really have both and keep a reasonable budget so you will have to choose here. If you are planning to do allot of top end runs then a centri supercharger or turbo will be the better ones for you. If you want off idle torque and power then a twin screw or roots supercharger will fit the bill better. You seem to want to do some high speed runs. If that is the case then you will probably want to go with a turbo or centrifugal supercharger. Are you looking to hit 350rwhp, 450rwhp, 600+rwhp, or what???

Another item to take into consideration is if you are looking for something that will mainly bolt in or are you willing to tackle a slightly custom project. If you are looking for something close to bolt-in then your options become more limited.

Just a few initial items you will have to determine when starting the planning phase of a project like this. I have done many many custom and kit supercharger and turbocharger systems and these are a few of the initial items I take into account when starting a forced induction project. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back