Supercharging a MarkVIII ? who makes one ?

BLACK SUNSHINE 95LSC

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone makes a Supercharger kit, comes with pulleys and alternator relocator or is this a custom job you pay dearly for?

Any additional info on Superchargers would be appreciated, like Manufacturers and costs possibly? can the stock motor handle a Supercharger and do any Fuel Injectors need replacing or ECU components?

Thanks, I am new so if these questions sound dumb or repetitive, Sory !

Thanks

I think a Vortec from a Cobra is the easiest to use. You need a cobra intake, or you have to do some custom work to your intake. There is a fair amount of customizing that has to be done, it's not just a direct bolt on.

key Words "pay dearly for" are only relative to the level of boost, horse power, and performance (street or strip) that you are looking to attain. If you do a little research you will find into on both centrifical, roots and twin screw type superchargers. You need to be informed that any of these need some type of customization as there is no "Mark Vlll" offering. Each also has it's unique prerequisites (Torque Convertor, Gears, Inter-Cooler, Fuel Pumps, Injectors, Drive Shaft, Computor Chips etc. In general I am going to guess that you could very easily double your current investment into getting started with some of the very basics required to be a super charged vehicle. That said, I as well as others are here to share our experiences and knowledge to help you, but please do some research on this subject (search function) first to get your knowledge up to speed with most of the group. Welcome aboard.

Thanks, Next Mods will be 3.73 gears and a fuel pu,p upgrade. Sounds like Supercharger may not be best for street application anyway.. Sounds like Torque converter is a big one too, with only 62k miles or so now, maybe that can wait.. Thanks again, sounds like a few years away if at all..

With those I would also recommend J Mod , tranny Cooler addition, and drive shaft replacement. You may also want to go with the Spider Valve from American Air Suspension. All of these mods should keep you busy for a couple of week ends, and give your Mark a new attitude while still keeping a reasonable cost/benefit relationship.

I was going to go with a Procharger P1 series and later upgrade to the D1... one of the selling points for procharger to me was the self contained oil unit. Which means no BSing around with an oil line and no putting holes in the oil pan and they come with your choice of a 2 or 3 core intercooler but with the condition of my Mark VIII right now I decided to scrap the project for now and potentially look for one with lower mileage. If interested, I'd just call them and tell them what you have and they'll hook you up... or just get one for a mustang cobra and fabricate the piping and mounting bracket to fit (which is what I was going to do).

Check out www.ststurbo.com, A friend has the twin turbo and it is wild.
The turbos are mounted in the back, noheat and no lag time. I'm going to ask Santa for this setup. Up to 600-800 hp. and You can still use Kooks headers.
Check it out, can't hurt.
Good luck, eli56
93 Mark
true duals
chipped
cold air and soon sts turbos

Thaqnk you for that link.... STS has been dicussed many times here.

welcome.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back