Supercharger questions - spark plugs - egr delete - coolant cross over - head cooling

OU812IC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
98 LSC - Paxton 1500 hoping to aftercooler in case it matters.

Getting down to the a few more details...

Plugs Autolite XP103 - what gap do you think? .045 closed enough? They are one range colder than stock and same temp as 03-04 cobras.

Delete or keep EGR? I am thinking delete it as well as the IMRCs.

I am looking at doing the driverside head cooling mod. Looking at it I am doubting I can get in there to do the mod. I am hoping you are going to tell me that once I get in there disassembling the IMRCs and deleting the EGR there is more room. If I can get in there is there anything wrong with tying it into the return line to the return line to the line that goes from the radiator to the overflow tank?

Since the cross over tube kit from Vortech is $500 ball busting dollars I am looking for an alternative. I see the MMR kit is not much better and am not a fan of assembling AN fittings. It is hard to tell from pictures what the differences are from stock to the Vortech one.

I have mad some progress with the other parts. Mounting bracket and hardware, along with oil lines should be here by the end of the week. Injectors are coming. I found a Carter Focus SVT pump only... a bit cheaper than buying the whole assembly.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out. It is amazing all the reading you can do and still not "find" it all. I cant believe how many links I find that go back almost a decade about this swap. Crazy how many dead end and have broken links to pics and other resourses. I promise to build a collection of pics and information together when I am done.

Thanks again guys...

I did find this croosever tube off of a 2003-4 cobra that had a turbo for $100. I really don't know what problem I am looking to cure....

uploadfromtaptalk1445205152439.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445205152439.jpg

Did I post in the wrong place or something?

So I should copy and past in the general you think?

Gap .032, I am still running the IMRC's and the EGR. No aftercooler I have alcohol injection. Plus no cooling mods except for the electric water pump but it loves to run. It is faster hot making runs back to back so it has no cooling troubles at all. But if it matters mines is a 93 first generation.

Thanks a lot Don for the info. Glad I asked about the plug gap! The more I hear back from you guys maybe I can hold off on the cooler for a while.

Members online

No members online now.
Back