Supercharger Anyone?

danbuc

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you caddy owners are looking foward to the new northstar supercharger that's coming out. I believe its supposed to show an increase of at least 80 hp, plus a hell of alot more torque to go with it. They are just finishing up on the reprogramming of the OBDII computer to accomadate the difference in power. The OBDI is already complete. Price I think is going to start at around $3500-4000. Something around there. Its expensive but it should be worth it if you have the money. Let me know what you think about it. :steering

What caddies is the supercharger designed to fit. Older stuff like FWD STS's or the new RWD cars?

The supercharger I am referring to is designed to fit the fwd cadillacs with the northstar only. It is going to work with both the 275 and 300 hp engines as well as both the OBDI and OBDII computers. I believe it is being manufactured by XMS racing. For more info check out CaddyInfo.com. There are links to more info about it as well as a forum where you can ask detailed questions and are pretty much guaranteed a good if not great reply. Hope this helps. :steering

Supercharger

I was Just recently looking into it and Cad Company has recently released a bolt on blower kit for all you other people out there with the 472 - 500 caddy block

XMS has been talking about the blower for over 2 years. They've not gotten anywhere on the programming in months. Let me know when it's ACTUALLY out.

Doing forced induction on any stock (or even near-stock) Northstar is crazy. Unless you LIKE buying engine parts.

ShadowLvr400 said:
XMS has been talking about the blower for over 2 years. They've not gotten anywhere on the programming in months. Let me know when it's ACTUALLY out.

Yeah, I was going to say, hasn't that supercharger been "almost ready" for a good year and a half?

I find it hard to believe that someone would force feed a 10:1 + motor. Just asking for a hole in a piston, unless they take out about 10* of timing. And that would defeat the purpose of blowing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back