Supercharged 3.2L V6

Gothicaleigh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
RSM Racing released their Cadillac CTS 3.2L Supercharger Kit.
ctssc1.jpg

Kit includes a Vortech Supercharger, all Brackets and Oil Lines, Belt and Pulleys, ECU programming, Adjustable Blow-Off Valve, FMU, Induction Piping and K&N Cone Filter. Gain is 120 HP and 130 ft/lbs of torque with 10 PSI boost.

$6500

A 3.2L V6 with 340hp and 350ft. lbs. of torque? That's approaching CTS-V territory in a lighter curb weight and better distribution. Nice. :)

Needless to say, I started a new savings account the other day.

They've started development on one for the VVT 3.6L V6 too. That one is expected to match the CTS-V's power output (400hp)with about the same amount of boost. The 3.6L also gets a 6 speed manual this fall. Couple that with the RSM supercharger and you have a CTS that will outperform even the V. :D

1_XLR said:
Who's going to produce a supercharger for the XLR???

GM.

The XLR-V is coming with a supercharged Northstar late next year. Output is expected to be around 450hp. Knowing GM though, you won't be able to reverse engineer it to your Northstar though... So plan on trading up. :)

Gothicaleigh said:
GM.

The XLR-V is coming with a supercharged Northstar late next year. Output is expected to be around 450hp. Knowing GM though, you won't be able to reverse engineer it to your Northstar though... So plan on trading up. :)
that's the whole point.....I need to get my XLR up to speed before the -V comes out so I'm not forced to trade up!!

1_XLR said:
that's the whole point.....I need to get my XLR up to speed before the -V comes out so I'm not forced to trade up!!

Wait, there is hope for you yet. I found this posted on the forums at www.caddyedge.com :

Frank said:
RSM Racing has just recieved an XLR in our shop. Development will begin right after SEMA on suspension, brakes, induction, carbon fiber ram air hood. In the new year there are plans for engine upgrades as well as a supercharger kit.

Thank You
-Frank

Also, wasn't RSM going to become a sponsoring vendor here at LVC?

Quote from Caddy Edge
RSM Racing has just recieved an XLR in our shop. Development will begin right after SEMA on suspension, brakes, induction, carbon fiber ram air hood. In the new year there are plans for engine upgrades as well as a supercharger kit.

thanks gothicaleigh,
I talked to RSM a few weeks back when I tried to buy an air induction off their web site (after I got stiffed by K&N over having my car detailed) only to find out they don't actually have any of the products offered available. They are looking to Paxton to build their supercharger kit.

The aftermarket guys have been much slower to respond to the XLR due to the limited market, so I'm hoping they follow through with some good results.

I'll be at SEMA too.....searching for any new goodies!!!

very nice setup! but ill still take the CTS-V... bigger motor, and it will keep on pulling top end.

1_XLR said:
The aftermarket guys have been much slower to respond to the XLR due to the limited market, so I'm hoping they follow through with some good results.

I'll be at SEMA too.....searching for any new goodies!!!

Now that your 320hp VVT Northstar is shared with the SRX and STS, I bet you will begin to see some more aftermarket interest. :)

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
very nice setup! but ill still take the CTS-V... bigger motor, and it will keep on pulling top end.

I would much rather have a V too. :D
But upgrading the CTS I have is much cheaper than trading up at the moment (that and I want to see the STS-V before buying a new car).

Members online

No members online now.
Back