Super Sport model?

clubairth said:
Is this for real? I had not heard of it? The guy on E-bay says they made 200 of them?
http://tinyurl.com/9ys8z
Yes it's true my wife and i have #176 check my photo garage out you'll see the pic i took of the plac, it looks exactly like my wife and I car wow they all looked the same interesting!! Ours is an 02 not an 01 tho

There were only two arrays of LS's that are produced...the LS and LSE. What you are looking at is a dealer installed package. The dealers can add items and call it what they want but it's only an aftermarket add on from the dealer and nothing more.

GrayGhost1 said:
There were only two arrays of LS's that are produced...the LS and LSE. What you are looking at is a dealer installed package. The dealers can add items and call it what they want but it's only an aftermarket add on from the dealer and nothing more.

:I :I :I :I

Come on people this is a joke a super sport LS I think some GM junk already has that under trademark(SS that is). Looks like my LS setting in my garage also. Dont fall for the scam or :bsflag: .

-Scott-

I didn't fall for the b.s. thank God plus my wife and I purchased the car for dirt cheap from my brother that works at a ford lincoln dealer!!

itsnotmydaddys said:
its a nice loking car, whatd u get it for

They were asking 19,900 but they brought it down to 15,400 car has 61000 miles on it which i think was a good deal i think :L my wife says im obessed with the car lol. The car is in great conditions a small scratch on the driver side door but nothing major!!

BIG CELO said:
They were asking 19,900 but they brought it down to 15,400 car has 61000 miles on it which i think was a good deal i think :L my wife says im obessed with the car lol. The car is in great conditions a small scratch on the driver side door but nothing major!!

I remember seeing those exact dealer pictures you have of your car on autotrader.com or one of those auto sites. It was a little over a month ago. Did you purchase it in Jersey?

ambisonics said:
I remember seeing those exact dealer pictures you have of your car on autotrader.com or one of those auto sites. It was a little over a month ago. Did you purchase it in Jersey?

some of those pics were from autorader thats where my brothers company put the car for sale it was upstate N.Y. in schnectady near albany! It was going for 19,900. I took the pics from the site before they took it off there site on autotrader you have a good eye!!

Yea, your car caught my eye before it was even your car lol. Lookin good.

ohioLS said:
:I :I :I :I

Come on people this is a joke a super sport LS I think some GM junk already has that under trademark(SS that is). Looks like my LS setting in my garage also. Dont fall for the scam or :bsflag: .

-Scott-

Hey now, I take offense to that comment, my SS is one of the best cars I've ever owned, as well as one of the most rare, wish I didnt put the BDS on it now though.

1BADLS said:
Hey now, I take offense to that comment, my SS is one of the best cars I've ever owned, as well as one of the most rare, wish I didnt put the BDS on it now though.
Really, there's definitely nothing wrong with the dealer add on kits. I've seen some very nice kits. However, just don't think that Lincoln put that on at the assembly line. I've seen the assembly line in Wixom and I know this for a fact.

ambisonics said:
Yea, your car caught my eye before it was even your car lol. Lookin good.

lol thanks all im really thinking about doing to the car is adding a navigation system made by eclipse but other than that the car is perfect oh and i recently installed a viper responder alarm with remote start other than that the car is in great condition only had one owner!! My wife and I are very happy with the car. Your car looks great it looks like my LS just with the chrome on the bumber!! :C :C

Agreed a great looking car.

Adding gps seems ok to do but I wouldn't want a factory one espically like onstar. Since they basically have full control over your car and where you're going and how fast etc... It's like having a bug planted but you're paying for it. There putting all those commercials on tv and in mags so you want to have it (to save your family) or realize that you can't get a car or truck without it in some cases.

purelux said:

Adding gps seems ok to do but I wouldn't want a factory one espically like onstar. Since they basically have full control over your car and where you're going and how fast etc... It's like having a bug planted but you're paying for it. There putting all those commercials on tv and in mags so you want to have it (to save your family) or realize that you can't get a car or truck without it in some cases.

:eek2: wow the onstar can control how fast your going i didnt know that!! That's a little too much control for me. There always going to point out the pros of the cnstar never the cons about it!

purelux said:

I have never heard that they can control how fast the car goes. I know they have a tracking device, but that is not a bad thing in my opinion. Especially if the car gets stolen. I could be wrong but I have not heard that. I believe they can shut the vehicle down, but I am not even sure if they have that much control over it.

They can't control your speed but they can certainly monitor it as well as with many gps systems can log speed. Let me put it this way if you could have a cop follow you around day and night to avoid any crimes commited against yourself would you? Now bear in mind you can't say when they're there and when not just always literally by your side. Ask Nixon about logging what you do see how good of an idea he thinks it is. I'd rather have my car stolen and not recovered than let someone know where i go and how i go about getting there. I wouldn't even want my car back after some &^& stole it anyways. Only way would be if I had a car I had say restored over years or something like that. In which case probably wouldn't be equipped with a gps but only something like a lo-jack. Though I would want to have to trigger the tracking signal.

purelux said:
They can't control your speed but they can certainly monitor it as well as with many gps systems can log speed. Let me put it this way if you could have a cop follow you around day and night to avoid any crimes commited against yourself would you? Now bear in mind you can't say when they're there and when not just always literally by your side. Ask Nixon about logging what you do see how good of an idea he thinks it is. I'd rather have my car stolen and not recovered than let someone know where i go and how i go about getting there. I wouldn't even want my car back after some &^& stole it anyways. Only way would be if I had a car I had say restored over years or something like that. In which case probably wouldn't be equipped with a gps but only something like a lo-jack. Though I would want to have to trigger the tracking signal.

I guess we just don't see it the same way. I have doubts about someone just sitting there tracking little ol me and if they were who cares. It is not like the cops are and even if they are I am not hiding anything so let them. I on the other hand can really see where it comes in handy and have experienced a couple of times with family members and friends that do have it.

Not to sound paranoid, but I agree with purelux... this is how this crap starts, and before you know it, you've got more than big brother looking over your shoulder. I also agree, if my car's stolen, I don't want it back. God only knows what some clown or gang of clowns did to it. My dad had his truck stolen from a paid parking lot, still not sure how they got it out, and why pittsburgh PD never followed up on it, but they found it about a week later in braddock, with the cap missing. They screwed the pass door up getting in, it was fixed. Now it looks like hell because it's rusting, where? Yep where they fixed it. Added bonus? Insurance always takes the cheap way out, so replacing was out of the question, cheap ass fixing was. Sorry.. I forgot, what do we pay insurance for?

Sorry for the rant... I feel better now...

Eclipse Head unit

BIG CELO said:
lol thanks all im really thinking about doing to the car is adding a navigation system made by eclipse but other than that the car is perfect oh and i recently installed a viper responder alarm with remote start other than that the car is in great condition only had one owner!! My wife and I are very happy with the car. Your car looks great it looks like my LS just with the chrome on the bumber!! :C :C

Hey Big Celo i am in the process as i type this of installing the new 2005 model eclipse avn series headunit and just looking at it these things are sweet. Its a double din and kinda having hell trying to fabricate a faceplate to match the rest of the dash and i don't really want to add the wood to the whole dash with those wood dash kits. but i have pictures of the components installed right now using mb quarts. Been working on this little project now for a few months, cause i had to wait 3 months to get the head unit in, i ordered it on january and they didn't release the 05 units till the end of march.
I will post some pics of the head unit in a few days but for now i just uploaded my compents installed. Was wondering also if you was planning on going with the double din ones also or a single din eclipse???
http://www.pbase.com/jdsimons/project_ls

jdsimons said:
Hey Big Celo i am in the process as i type this of installing the new 2005 model eclipse avn series headunit and just looking at it these things are sweet. Its a double din and kinda having hell trying to fabricate a faceplate to match the rest of the dash and i don't really want to add the wood to the whole dash with those wood dash kits. but i have pictures of the components installed right now using mb quarts. Been working on this little project now for a few months, cause i had to wait 3 months to get the head unit in, i ordered it on january and they didn't release the 05 units till the end of march.
I will post some pics of the head unit in a few days but for now i just uploaded my compents installed. Was wondering also if you was planning on going with the double din ones also or a single din eclipse???
http://www.pbase.com/jdsimons/project_ls

Whats up jdsimons, the eclipse system I'm going to get is the AVN5435 here is the link for it: http://www.eclipse-web.com/avn/avn5435.html is that the one that you purchased? I have the wood dash on the factory radio I have now (check my photo garage pics) and I'm trying to do the same once I purchase the AVN Model but I don't know if it's going to work out well being that the monitor is 6.5 inches but I'll have to see it once installed. I'm waiting for my raise to kick in so I can get the eclipse navigation. If the one that your getting is anybetter than the one that you see from the link I put in here hey let me know so I can upgrade to the one you have!! Keep me posted on how it all works out and post some pics when you get a chance!! :L :V

Yep its that exact same model.. Hopefully i can think of someway to get that headunit in this weekend. I spent almost a full day last weekend chopping up a aftermarket faceplate kit for the ls thats a single din with a pocket underneath it. I got all cleared up and cleaned and the head unit fits... THANK GOD>>lol.. but theres just a sliver so don't get too rough with it.. lol.. i'll post some pics of the faceplate i butchered. Just have to find a way to mount right now. Cause this thing doesn't come with a trim ring our mounting brackets.

jdsimons said:
Yep its that exact same model.. Hopefully i can think of someway to get that headunit in this weekend. I spent almost a full day last weekend chopping up a aftermarket faceplate kit for the ls thats a single din with a pocket underneath it. I got all cleared up and cleaned and the head unit fits... THANK GOD>>lol.. but theres just a sliver so don't get too rough with it.. lol.. i'll post some pics of the faceplate i butchered. Just have to find a way to mount right now. Cause this thing doesn't come with a trim ring our mounting brackets.

When I get the eclipse navi system I'm getting installed from a friend that owns a car audio store He's giving it to me for a great deal with instalation. If I was to go do it on my own man If would try to install that bad boy in myself when I would go and turn on the radio the whipers may turn on or the sunroof would open up or something wierd like that! I'm tech savy and all but when it comes to wiring man keep me out of it lol!! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the eclipse?

BIG CELO said:
When I get the eclipse navi system I'm getting installed from a friend that owns a car audio store He's giving it to me for a great deal with instalation. If I was to go do it on my own man If would try to install that bad boy in myself when I would go and turn on the radio the whipers may turn on or the sunroof would open up or something wierd like that! I'm tech savy and all but when it comes to wiring man keep me out of it lol!! If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for the eclipse?

Well friend of mine is manage at a audio store here and well he hooked me up real good. 1700 for the unit , can't even get em off ebay for that with shipping and everything. He said that they are supposed to sell for 2000 i think or 2100 something like that.. I haven't even had it turned on yet its killing me having this thing and not being able to use it.. lol

Members online

Back