Sunroof Problems

Lincoln Lawyer

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble closing my sunroof all the way. I stays in the vented position and the backend of the glass doesn't seal. When I hit the button to close it I can hear some electronic click try to close it. If any one has had similar problems or knows how to help please let me know.

Welcome aboard! I am sure someone will chim in or they tell you to searc.

BTW, does your license plate read NTGUILTY?

what the hell are on the side finders.... they're big enough to be wings.... not sure about the roof. can it open all the way or is it stick in the vent position? maybe check for debris or something jamming the track. also make sure the wind diffuser isnt hung up

nevermind are you talking about the fender vents... and the wheels...... not sure about those but to each their own I guess.

Can't say everyone loves my choice of wheel but that is why it's mine. A girl's gotta love her car.

im not mad at ya, but the "vents" have to come off...... the SR is stuck open or just wont close completely?

Ok. Ill work on the vents. The SR wont close all the way. the glass will come all the way to the front but then doesnt proceed to rise in the back to make a seal. It also resists to go into the light angled positing.

there must be something on the tracks i had this issue before and found a some debris on the track i cleaned it and then it worked fine.

I used an air compressor and blew air down the tracks. I also lubricated both tracks. I got frustrated and started pulling on it and found out one side seems to be loose or off the track. I am currently quite fed up with this vehicle considering last week the passenger window regulator had to be replaced... $125 for just the part. Additionally I'm having the tie rod end and wheel bearings replaced on Friday. I don't even want to see that bill. Ugh. So if I am able to fix this problem myself I will be overjoyed.

F or R bearings? With a few basic tools you can do the front hubs yourself, as well as the toe links. Dial them in and then go for an alignment asap.

Members online

Back