Sunroof module S1593-R-2400B-A

JaymzMhart

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello! I've been a member for a few years, but only rarely post... maybe that will change.
I bought a 1995 Mark VIII almost ten years ago, worked on it for a while and then put it in storage. The PO took the headliner out to try to fix the sunroof. It's in the closed position, but the long, rectangular module above the driver's side visor is gone. I 'dropped the ball' and never tried to contact him about it. He was young and inexperienced, so I doubt he held onto it. I remember he said he thought the motor was bad. I can buy another motor if needed. Those are available. The sunroof is made by Webasto. I have contacted a local Webasto dealer before doing internet research. We believe it's either a Solaire 4200 or Starlite IV model. They confirmed that the module number is indeed S1593-R-2400B-A, however, they have none available and they're no longer made.

Does anybody here have one available or know where I can get one? Also, the headliner is gone. He was gonna make one out of fabric. I have a parts car without a sunroof, but the headliner sits closer to the roof, as I'm sure you all know. Is there any place to get a new one of those?

Thanks for any help! I hope to interact more often once I get this project going again!

BUMP

Aw, c'mon! No one has a clue, or perhaps, a parts car???

Mine is second gen so its not the same and I don't have a sunroof but maybe try searching the forum if you haven't already done so, also try eBay for the module if it was mine I'd also get a new motor if possible that way best case you have a new motor sitting around.

Thanks for the reply! I’ve searched the part number here, on eBay, Googled it... nothing. I agree, I think I’ll buy a motor also, but only IF I can score the module and make this work again.

I looked at those, too. Without a schematic diagram of the right part, I won’t be able to modify that later part to work. I’m an industrial electrician by trade, so if only I knew what the correct module is looking for, I could Frankenstein it. I assume the module has a couple relays in it.

Thanks for the reply!

BUMP!

I’m looking for a module for a Webasto Solaire 4200 or Starlite IV model. Webasto confirmed that the module number is S1593-R-2400B-A, but they are no longer stocked.

Getting the car out of storage to work on it. Even if it’s a non-working module, I could reverse engineer it or rebuild it as I have an electrical engineering degree. Anybody have or know of a schematic available at least?

Thanks for the reply, Bullymong88. I don’t get on Facebook, but looks like I’ll have to check it out anyway. Seems like the forum is slowing down.

Its definitely slowing down alot and personally I never cared for social media, I got MySpace way back when to keep in contact with family while deployed and when Facebook came out I migrated over like everyone else for the same reason, but honestly I only get on for the mark VIII group and to delete embarrassing crap I posted lol hell I don't even have a twitter, however I do like Instagram but that's only because I love taking pictures.

Its definitely slowing down alot and personally I never cared for social media, I got MySpace way back when to keep in contact with family while deployed and when Facebook came out I migrated over like everyone else for the same reason, but honestly I only get on for the mark VIII group and to delete embarrassing crap I posted lol hell I don't even have a twitter, however I do like Instagram but that's only because I love taking pictures.

Have you checked the Facebook group I hate saying that but they're pretty active over there
I've joined the group, but I hate the format. If I ask a question, won't I have to scroll down the 'wall' through all the new posts to see if anyone commented on my post? OK... I guess I'll try it. Thanks!

Would this help? Not sure if it includes the module or not
Thanks, Bullymong88! Sorry this is such a late response. I'll check his eBay page and racebronco2, also.

Members online

No members online now.
Back