Suncore mark 8 air ride parts

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Suncore has a new pair of rear air springs 100.00, a new compressor 125.00, 20 ft air hose 20.00, . Rear shocks per pair, 96.00 with mounting hardware. With out the front struts, a very impressive low cost of 341.00 parts, actual cost cost of 2 new air struts front struts, 500.00( these greatly increase rebuilding cost) The total parts for rebuilding 841.00 not including shipping. Compaired to strut masters complete air conversion 632.00 with shocks, a difference of $210.00 not incl shipping. Now 210.00 is still a savings, a mark owner could have new air ride rebuild for the extra 210.00+ shipping= no labor if diy, or plus labor cost unknown. The springs are what I leaning toward . Rebuilding the air ride for 210.0 more make it sound appealing to do so. Has any of you Mark owners ever had dealings with Suncore company? For 210 more a mark air ride could be rebuilt. Vs springs at 632.0 that are trouble free. Strut master has a high shipping cost . A Mark owner could go either springs or rebuild being the cost difference is hugely different. Any comments appreciated. The shipping of Strut masters charges 200.00 for shipping, weight 95 lbs. The shipping makes it 431 more. Much more then

I haven't used Suncore, but those are pretty inexpensive parts, especially the rear shocks - the mounts alone cost $60+ dollars, but you are betting off buying the mounts here from Jay (98lincmk7lsc). His are stronger and last longer than the stock mounts, plus he customizes them for perfect fit for the shock type you plan to install.

I haven't used Suncore, but those are pretty inexpensive parts, especially the rear shocks - the mounts alone cost $60+ dollars, but you are betting off buying the mounts here from Jay (98lincmk7lsc). His are stronger and last longer than the stock mounts, plus he customizes them for perfect fit for the shock type you plan to install.
Thanks , I am still on the fence air vs coils. Provided these suncore are long lasting parts, By replacing all bags and struts, another compressor and replacing every air line with new line what else can fail? I like the feature the car on a highway at high speed drops down 1 or 2 inches, I have the money toi buy air parts. I know I can replace them with my labor. My mark is orginal paint. Orginal air ride replaced goes along with the car. Jay will be called in a month or less as I get to the shock removal

Thanks , I am still on the fence air vs coils. Provided these suncore are long lasting parts, By replacing all bags and struts, another compressor and replacing every air line with new line what else can fail? I like the feature the car on a highway at high speed drops down 1 or 2 inches, I have the money toi buy air parts. I know I can replace them with my labor. My mark is orginal paint. Orginal air ride replaced goes along with the car. Jay will be called in a month or less as I get to the shock removal
I don't think there is anything else other than the microprocessor and i haven't heard of them going.

I went with a Suncore air compressor when I had a '96 Mark VIII, and it worked fine. I probably had about 25k-30k miles worth of use before selling the car, which had all 4 bags in great shape (so the compressor wasn't over used).

I went with a Suncore air compressor when I had a '96 Mark VIII, and it worked fine. I probably had about 25k-30k miles worth of use before selling the car, which had all 4 bags in great shape (so the compressor wasn't over used).
Sounds like the air comp was trouble free. I am inclined to get arnotts parts as they warranty them free of materials or assembly workmanship when manufactured for the life of the parts to the orginal purchaser and orginal owner when the parts were installed. If a bag goes or the compressor, they (unless they try to find an out not to replace) will replace the part. Beats buying another one as suncore is max 45 days warranty

I haven't dealt with Suncore but instead used Westar through Autozone to retain my air ride and haven't had any issues as of late. I'm pretty lucky to have bought all 4 bags when I did because while the front air springs are still the same price at $210, the rears seemed to have doubled up from $64 to $133(from $50-$100 RockAuto). Yikes!!! Luckily, I installed everything on my own and saved money on what I now realize to be an easy swap.

I haven't had any issues with the compressors, yet, so I can't speak as to the quality of Westar's air pump equipment, but the air springs have certainly been solid ever since I swapped them back in 2015 and would recommend them.

You just have to be mindful to reuse the OEM solenoid valves as the Westar valves are hard to install with the O-Ring in place. You also need to shave some of the Westar valves nylon Stop to allow it to spin and lock in place with the valve coupler on the spring, but even then the valves tend to leak when fully mounted. OEM solenoids work just fine!

As for the rear struts, a pair of Monroe's Sensa-trac 5950 with a mounting kits from 98lincmk7lsc will make the ride nice and firm. I can certainly attest to the quality of the kit as I got one myself when I replaced the rear.

Rear suspension thuds & rear end swaying on new DD Mark

I haven't dealt with Suncore but instead used Westar through Autozone to retain my air ride and haven't had any issues as of late. I'm pretty lucky to have bought all 4 bags when I did because while the front air springs are still the same price at $210, the rears seemed to have doubled up from $64 to $133(from $50-$100 RockAuto). Yikes!!! Luckily, I installed everything on my own and saved money on what I now realize to be an easy swap.

I haven't had any issues with the compressors, yet, so I can't speak as to the quality of Westar's air pump equipment, but the air springs have certainly been solid ever since I swapped them back in 2015 and would recommend them.

You just have to be mindful to reuse the OEM solenoid valves as the Westar valves are hard to install with the O-Ring in place. You also need to shave some of the Westar valves nylon Stop to allow it to spin and lock in place with the valve coupler on the spring, but even then the valves tend to leak when fully mounted. OEM solenoids work just fine!

As for the rear struts, a pair of Monroe's Sensa-trac 5950 with a mounting kits from 98lincmk7lsc will make the ride nice and firm. I can certainly attest to the quality of the kit as I got one myself when I replaced the rear.

Rear suspension thuds & rear end swaying on new DD Mark
After searching"customer reviews Suncore products" I found many unhappy campers who bought Suncore. I did a google location search i n the Boyton Beach area. Their address is among several other businesses but their company name appears nowhere in the block of addresses. There s a muffler shop that might be also Suncore but I do not know for sure. Customers complain air bags leaked within 6 months of replacement of course the warranty expires 45 max so buying some air bags from them poses a risk . Arnott's is 1 year up to life time

Members online

Back