Subwoofer Recommendation

ravman13

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well im looking at just changing the factory sub and amplifier, the speakers are good enough for me but the sub doesnt give enough thump for my liking, what would you guys suggesT/ :Bang

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
i have 2 12" D6 Diamond Subs, they hit really really hard!

alpine type r's pound pretty good,

it all really depends on how much you are looking to spend!!

Diamond Audio is louder than say, MB Quart, as far as components go...

Subs on the other I hand I can't say. I have 2 12" apline Type R subs in my GMC sierra. Pretty good thump. If I were to put something in my Lincoln, it would be 15"...

Or 2 10" subs. Not sure yet.

:Beer

well i know everyone loves alpo... errr i mean alpine. when i had my system done, i could of when with alpine, but i choose a different route. i am not a follower of a certian product. i was told that these subs are really good, they are loud, i had them installed and all i have to say i wow. when i have my system hitting hard people are like what kind of subs you have i am like, they are diamond subs. they just look at me! i am not a person who plugs products, also i am not a person who is claiming my subs are the best in the world. just choose whatever you want, that is all!

That's good to know. In my custom 99 Jeep wrangler I went with all alpine. I was satisfied. Then I moved to MB quart components, a step above imho. Then I heard about Diamond Audio...

DAMN. My diamond audio in my Aviator is "crunk" loud.

Like this :dj:

Bacurus said:
That's good to know. In my custom 99 Jeep wrangler I went with all alpine. I was satisfied. Then I moved to MB quart components, a step above imho. Then I heard about Diamond Audio...

DAMN. My diamond audio in my Aviator is "crunk" loud.

Like this :dj:

I currently have 2 15" l7s, went the alpine route at one point, wasnt loud enough, but then again i dont know what type of music he listens to, if hes lookin for clarity, or just the "BOOM" BOOM BOOM" knock your pictures of the wall bass.

LIke i stated before it all depends on how much your looking to spend.
Do you already have an amp?
After-market HU, there are a lot of factors in piecing together something that'll sound descent/good. just my .02 cents

I agree...

When I did my Alpine install a few years back, I had all alpine except for a pioneer HU. It wasn't until I changed to an Alpine HU that I realized how awful the Pioneer made my bass and clarity sound.

I like kicker. I once also has 2 Alpine type r subs 12's But was not enough for me so I went to 2 15" L7 Kickers and all I say is wow.
But you need to go to car audio shops and liston to the subs. See what you like.

one 10" Kicker S10L7 with a KX600.1 (Birthsheet rated RMS over 700). perfect match with the 4 sets of infinti 5x7's (6x8's?) Not too intrusive, good sq, but can pound when i want it to.

hey guys,well im planning to keep everything stock including the HU, how many subs are inthe lincoln right now? i just want to replace that sub and amp, no box or nothing, just a simple replacement, whats going fit?

Another 4inch sub...

You see those speaker looking enclosures on the right side, below the dash in the middle console? That's your port for the sub...

DrunkenFetus said:
What are the speakers in the 00 ls already ? should you just get them all replaced with new amp?

I would most definitely do that!

:Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back