subs in a 69 Lincoln

yamahondarider

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am supposed to be getting a 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark 3 tomorrow at 2pm. I wanna throw a set of Pioneer 12's in it in a vented box with an 800 watt Sony Xplode Amp. My question is, where do I put these things? I know this car is supposed to have 150lbs of sound deadening. Is this between the trunk and the interior too or just between the car and the outside? I want the system to be loud inside the car but not sure if i'll hear it from the trunk. Is there a place inside the car to put a rectangle box of 2 12's? Maybe behind the rear seat under the rear glass? Anyone have any experience? And yes I wanna keep the back seat open, i've got a pretty big gang of people we roll with.

Hey man, I don't know as much about the Mark III as I do about the Mark IV, but I'll try to help you figure something out if I can. I've got a 72 Mark IV that's a project car, but I'm going for a completely custom audio system and other custom touches. I don't know where these cars are similar or where they differ as far as the fine details, but maybe I can help. For one, if yours is anything like mine, you've got 2 big 6x9 openings in the package tray under the rear window. I haven't done anything for the sound system in mine yet, but I've been playing with ideas for a while now. I don't think the trunk is sealed off from the interior (I could be wrong, though), but you could also put some hard-hitting 6x9's in the rear package tray to help them out. I've also thought about putting some tweeters and possibly mids to help with the highs. As far as putting the subs in the front cabin, there's not really anywhere practical for them (and I'm talking about in a Mark IV, which were a little bigger than the Mark III). The only place you COULD do something is if you wanted to make a custom console in the front in front of where the 3rd seat is between the driver and the passenger, but that could be a little tricky to get it to look good. I've actually thought about doing that before, but, again, haven't really checked into it. If you have any other questions about the car, let me know. I'll try to help you figure it out. I've been into these classic Lincoln Marks for over 12 years now.

Members online

Back