subframe connectors

crownvicjim

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
where can i get subframe connectors and larger sway bars. anything else to give it more rigidty in the corners. i have a 97 lsc. thanks.

what about subframe connectors or a engine brace. do they have to be custom fabbed?

Subframe braces? Build them! :D

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

mini-Image030.jpg

will the strut tower brace work off of the t-bird or cougar?
thanks.

Front strut tower brace...no. the heads on our engine prevent that. If you can get a rear shock tower brace (or mock one up) then that should work.

Nice pics, Driller!
Unlike cars that are naturally converted to track and high performance street cars, like the mustang, this is not a car that has a big high perf following, so there has never been a commercially viable market for parts of this type. Strut tower braces, underbody ladder braces, roll cage/bar kits etc just are not in the catalogues! So if you really are looking for that type of chassis stiffening it is going to have to be custom fabricated. The sway bars are really about all you can get, but the good news is that they pay a huge dividend on this car and are not all that expensive. Lower it a little, get lighter wheels and wider tires, and you achieve a very nice handling upgrade.

Front strut tower brace...no. the heads on our engine prevent that. If you can get a rear shock tower brace (or mock one up) then that should work.

form the tbird or cougar?

so you mean rear on front or just rear shock tower brace on rear? lol. i dunno.
do they make one?

I have the rear shock tower brace for the MN12 in my Mark VIII. I had a local stereo shop add a carpeted shelf atop of it to mount the amps for the aftermarket stereo.

I have the rear shock tower brace for the MN12 in my Mark VIII. I had a local stereo shop add a carpeted shelf atop of it to mount the amps for the aftermarket stereo.

good investment? did you have to modify it to fit at all?

driller whats the reason for the cutoffs? and how did u go about building them subframe connects?

:admin

This POST is worthless without pics.

Unfortunately, this is one thing I do not have pics of. In this pic, you can see where it mounts at the shock tower.

mini-100_3579.jpg

The amps originally were mounted to the back cover against the rear seat area but they would not withstand the G-forces of launching at the track.

good investment? did you have to modify it to fit at all?

Slightly, had to drill new holes and do some cutting on the end brackets. I think they were meant to use the shock mounting bolts on the MN12? That wouldn't work on the FN10 for some reason.

driller whats the reason for the cutoffs? and how did u go about building them subframe connects?

The cutouts were for performance at the track. Off road use only. :D

I worked with the guy that did the exhaust on building the subframe connectors after doing a bunch of research. We figured out what we needed when working on the exhaust. We used the same high strength chrome-moly tubing he builds cages with. It was pretty basic, just a straight length of tubing with a slight bend at the rear so we didn't need spacer blocks at the rear subframe. The bracket plates were just custom cut from plate steel. The whole project took maybe 3-4 hours.

Members online

Back