Stupid Gen I owner question.

Rushsampson

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I can't know this for sure, because I don't have a '97-'98 Mark in my driveway, but some of you do, and can perhaps clear this up. I know for a fact that '93-'96 Marks have a power antenna on the passenger side, I know this much because I hear it and see it every day, lol. However, I have never seen a second gen Mark with a power antenna, and it's just now occurring to me that it must be installed somewhere else. Back window? I tried to do some Google investigation, but surprisingly, I turned up very vague and disjointed information. So if someone can put me straight on this, I would appreciate it a lot. This has bothered me for some time really, haha..

There's no physical antenna. It's built into the rear window.

Ah, as I originally suspected. I appreciate it guys. I suppose it would cut down on power antenna motor failures, but what about having to replace the rear window? Is there any difficulty with glass places finding replacement units with built in antennas? Seems like it could be another potential "its a Mark VIII, so you're screwed" kind of deal.

Search the threads. I've seen where people mounted an antenna under the rear package tray. Rear window==$$$$

Recently had the rear window replaced on my '95.....cost me $550 P&L. No more lasagna and it really sets off the back end of the car. Was told by the company that did the work that the window came from Ford thru Mexico. It's a big bite, but just not having to look at that deteriorated piece of caca was worth the investment.

Members online

No members online now.
Back