Stupid Coils... Whats the Difference!!!

BDSax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i changed 2 coils just 2 months ago, and now i notice that more are going.... so i want to just replace all of them! i need 6 so its pricey. i emailed torrie and he gave me a price on 2W4Z 12029-BD. and i found S DG-490 & XW4U-12A366-BB on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7979813827 ) whats the difference! is the older one a worse coil? help please!

thanks!

Billy

I would use the updated coils. Hey you should check the Maxx at 5 Star Ford on the price for them as well. He told me that often it is not the coil that is bad but the coil boot and I think they are about 15 Dollars.

The contact info is below in my signature.

Do you have the V8 or V6?

my mechsnic already chsnged the VC gasket and changed all fo the boot before the last 2 were changed because he didnt think the coils were bad. i have a v8. so i need 6.

Maxx gave mw a pretty good price, but torrie wouldnt beat it, he said he would match it

Probably would be a good idea to do plugs and coils then for your car. Are you a DIY kind of person? I have bought parts from both and I can't complain about Maxx or Torrie but I always encourage folks to shop with the forum vendors becasue they do support LvC.

Also, I did use the Wells coils from Autozone but two of the three had to be replaced so I went with the OEMs when I decided to replace them all.

yeah, i figured id be better with the newer ones, and im deffinately staying away from generac. i am a DIY person. my mechanic with is a really good friend is trying to get them for me (for the past month is you know what i mean) very helpful guy and cars, but i dont like it cause he doesnt charge labor so hes guys take forever. i have the guide and i cant be to hard. so i should be alright, i just need the damn coils!

im not sure if he changed the plugs or not, but i will sure find out! thanks alot!!!

Where is Jupiter in Fl? Is that east coast, central or west? You might be able to find someone in your willing to lend a hand with the work.

If you are interested check out the SE Chapter we are always looking for new members. Plus I am trying to establish a network of DIYers to help each other out with Saturday shade tree work.

jupiter is in palm beach county.
(south florida)

sure i dont mind. i plan on trying to deisign some stuff for people that dont want to spend alot of money. like on a cold air setup like the stianless steel setup. im getting my tig welding this week so it should be neat to build. give me a pm. or IM me on AOL

(Saxer00)

Members online

Back