STS rear spoiler

kissedvfd

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, I searched the forums and the internet for that matter looking for the right rear deck spoiler for a 2000 STS. I think this car just cries for a low profile, clean, elegant compliment to it's sexy lines. I found a few, but without good pictures it's difficult to choose. Any constructive input welcome.

Yes I agree I have always wanted a spoiler on my Caddy. It gives that sexy/luxury look tell them that you don't know what your getting into if you want to try me? Get the spoiler there is nothing wrong with luxury & sport.

Thanks ALBUNDY, I aready ordered one online. If I set it on the deck lid and it looks as stupid as the wing I saw in the forum the other day, I'm tossing it!

If it turns out looking the way I hope, I'll post some before and after pictures.

The only decent set of pictures that shows a spoiler on an STS that I could find are here. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2177052
:cool:

Funny that you want a spoiler for your 2000, I always thought the 1998+ cars look like they already have a spoiler molded into the rear decklid...

Kale

Here is my car with the spoiler.

Don

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

djKale said:
Funny that you want a spoiler for your 2000, I always thought the 1998+ cars look like they already have a spoiler molded into the rear decklid...

Kale

It's an illusion caused by the upsweep of the beltline at the rear of the quarter panel. It's a good design technique, but I just wanted a little more.

Thanks for your interest/comment!:steering

I must say I'm a fan of the spoiler and both cars look very nice.

Got the spoiler in this week. I was less than enthusiastic about it's appearance, but my wife loves it. Since we got the car for her I'm going to get it cleaned up and painted next week, hopefully.

Meantime I started cleaning the trunk up and ready to be sealed. Yes, water in the trunk.:mad: Not only did it have the typical weatherstrip issue, there was dirt under the trim, near the wheel well and fuel fill area. Obvious wheel well body seam leak!

spoiler test fit R.jpg

leak2 R.jpg

leak1 R.jpg

trunk liner R.jpg

I finally had a day off that it wasn't raining, so I got some pics of the new painted spoiler. The painter did a really good job matching the 6 year old paint.

I'm going to post some before and after in the gallery.

high side 2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back