STS questions...

CaddyMaster

LVC Member
Reaction score
STS question...

What kind of mods do people do to these? Can you improve the suspension to make it have an even BETTER ride? I know of a guy locally that puts superchargers on Northstars, so suspension is my real question.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shocks are computer controlled. Anything stiffer would need to be done through computer tuning, like on the LeMans pace car. The Cadillac STSi should be your blueprint for a better STS. Of course, if you really want it to handle, you could make it rear drive... :steering

Supercharger.....out Now?

I know XMS-RAcing has been developing a Supercharger for two years now, but you say you have a guy near you that already has one that works on northstars? PLease tell me more about this like whether or not it will work on a 98 STS and if it is designed to work in sync with the OBD II programing of the cars computer. The one from XMS-Racing is supposed to debut in december. I would greatly appreciate any further info on this. By the way, most people tend to modify the exhaust. I personally have the Stainless Steel system from CORSA Performance. Thanks. :steering

ND4SPDLSC said:
The shocks are computer controlled. Anything stiffer would need to be done through computer tuning, like on the LeMans pace car. The Cadillac STSi should be your blueprint for a better STS. Of course, if you really want it to handle, you could make it rear drive... :steering

Your wish will be granted later this year.
'05 STS
RWD or AWD with a 320hp Northstar.

Gothicaleigh said:
Your wish will be granted later this year.
'05 STS
RWD or AWD with a 320hp Northstar.

But the '98-'03 Sevilles look good. The new Art & Science design theme just isn't working for me at all. The trucks are the worst. I guess I like some curves on the car. At least GM is going back to rear wheel drive...

I'm not sure if there available or not but polyurethane bushings make a good amount of difference vs rubber on most cars on the sway and other brace bars etc.. on the suspension. Though I have mostly looked into it on rwd cars. And depending on the setup you could create under or oversteer when trying to improve the ride. Also adding or upgrading strut tower cars can sometimes help flatter cornering. What exactly are you looking to get out of new shocks? Though generally people think a firm ride = better cornering/handling. Depending on the car and road conditions too stiff of shocks and springs and or too high or low or wide or thin of tires/rims. And your suspension/tire upgrade turns into a handling downgrade.

Last edited:

Members online

Back