Strut Tower Brace and Handling Upgrades??

CoryDavis

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of someone who makes them for our cars?

I'm getting ready to redo all suspension and chassis on my car along with hub swap. So looking into more chassis products that SCP and other vendors do not carry but are handling improvements.

If you know of anything please let me know. Thanks!

if you find any one who makes a front tower strut brace let me know. I know saturn on this forum will make you a rear strut tower brace. He also makes the braces SCP makes but they are almost half the price.

if you find any one who makes a front tower strut brace let me know. I know saturn on this forum will make you a rear strut tower brace. He also makes the braces SCP makes but they are almost half the price.

Will do I'm gonna keep searching. Is there benefits to gain from the rear strut brace? How much does he charge?

I wouldn't mind having a triangulated front shock tower brace for my Mark (they're not strut towers since the Mark VIII has an SLA front suspension, not struts. Yeah, I went there again:D). Anyhoo, a good shock-to-shock stiffener brace for the trunk area would be good too. It would be relatively easy to fabricate and could bolt to the shock mount brackets in the trunk. I may go do some measurements and see what would be involved in making a shock tower brace for the Mark similar to the one in my Cobra. It would stiffen the front end up tremendously. And my dad has a pile of steel tubing lying around that I could play with.

Yeah yeah, the mark viii doesn't have macpherson struts but most people call the brace a strut brace. The mark viii has double wishbone suspension, right? Thaywood you should defiantly fabricate a front upper "shock" brace if you have resources(guts!!!). lol

Yea I would definitely be interested. I'm looking to drop a lot of money in my car, and the next thing I'm doing is a hub swap for my new wheels, after that's done im really wanting to buy a bunch of new parts to improve handling. Please keep this thread updated on ideas, pics and what not. Thanks!

If you're looking for some lightweight rims that fit the stock hub, look at the 16x7 5x108 RPF1s. I don't see the need for a larger rim or wider tire. Just more weight to be lugging around.

If you're looking for some lightweight rims that fit the stock hub, look at the 16x7 5x108 RPF1s. I don't see the need for a larger rim or wider tire. Just more weight to be lugging around.

I already have rims with tires ready to be mounted on the car after the hub swap. They are 17" Torque Thrust with basically brand new tires mounted. I paid $200 for the rims and tires, couldn't pass the deal up!

Members online

No members online now.
Back