strut help

Catherine Gray

LVC Member
Reaction score
What struts are best for an 04 v8 sport or ultimate? D o I need to get springs as well? Thank you in advance this is uncharted territory for me :) so be nice lol

Oh boy

The rule of thumb on any question you have is to use google to search first.

And, they are not struts. It's a coil over shock setup.

I checked Google and it didn't turn up much all I'm asking for is a little help. I just want to make sure I get the right thing the first time and I know the sport is different suspension wise I just don't know how

With these cars it is best to go with the motorcraft shocks. I think last I heard they're hard to come by now though.

I got my sport shocks on eBay last year so maybe you can find some there. It took a bit of searching to find some. Lots of places let me order then told me they're out of stock.

Best bet: ford/lincoln dealer

I checked Google and it didn't turn up much all I'm asking for is a little help. I just want to make sure I get the right thing the first time and I know the sport is different suspension wise I just don't know how

AFAIK you can't get them anymore, they aren't in production and no one has any left.. don't let me stop you from searching but aftermarket might be your only option. I'll let LS4me tell you all about Monroe products....

What about eibach do you guys have an opinion on that brand?

Those are just springs and excellent if you intend on lowering your vehicle. If you want to keep it at stock height you should keep the OEM springs or try to replace them if needed with OEM springs. I BELIEVE those are still available, but not sure.

OK does anyone have an opinion on a good brand of shocks that are decently priced? I really appreciate the help this is a subject I know next to nothing about

I have KYB and I like them... I can't give info on the other brands as I have no experience with them. I'm sure others will chime in.

Try Rockauto.com. I ordered my Motorcraft shocks there. IIRC its just the euro shocks that are hard to find but I could be wrong.

AFAIK you can't get them anymore, they aren't in production and no one has any left.. don't let me stop you from searching but aftermarket might be your only option. I'll let LS4me tell you all about Monroe products....

You mean the SensaCRAPS?????????

Have you tried Tasca Parts? I broke a rear spring last summer so bought 2 Motorcraft shocks/springs (combo) to replace both sides ('04 V8 Sport). Ordered based on my VIN and they priced me out fronts as well but I haven't done those yet.

I haven't looked there yet! Thank you for reminding me about them. You have the same car as me isintoronto :) I think I have the ultimate though

Members online

No members online now.
Back