Stripping a 2000 v8

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think I might have seen a thread here about this before but can't find it now o_O

I recently bought a parts car to harvest the doors and some other exterior parts I needed. Now I'm wondering what would be the best parts to remove before I send it to the junkyard.

I'm already thinking of pulling all the engine accessories (pumps/AC etc)

I did the same thing. So far I have taken the Hydraulic fan solenoid, 4 lug nuts, and headlight out of the parts car. Went to take a front upper control arm off of it last night and found the ball joint was bad on it too. Lol. I figured when I take all the brake parts off of it, it will be scrapped by my buddy then.

My parts car had some nice headlights too, much better shape than my own.

I've decided I'm going to buy a good impact gun and just remove (and label) everything I can get to on this car. This is actually the second parts car I've bought (last time just needed the engine wire harness) and I regretted scrapping the other too early.

My wife has been getting pissed lately, says I'm spending too much time with "the twins" lol

0729181434_HDR.jpg

It's sad when all we have at our disposal is finding parts cars. Wish aftermarket companies could do at least something. But unfortunately that's what we have to do for now. If you can take your time, just tell your wife "But honey its good for both of us" lol.

112 LS is that an SVT Cobra I see behind one of the LS's??

My parts car had some nice headlights too, much better shape than my own.

I've decided I'm going to buy a good impact gun and just remove (and label) everything I can get to on this car. This is actually the second parts car I've bought (last time just needed the engine wire harness) and I regretted scrapping the other too early.

My wife has been getting pissed lately, says I'm spending too much time with "the twins" lol

View attachment 828570160
My wife calls the parts car my LSs evil twin. Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back