Stripe on SWB MarkVIII

as far as weight loss not that much about 40 to 50 pounds of sheetmetal insulation, carpet ect. but driving feel is more sports car like. Yes I agree on the rear bumper overhang, and of course I thought about chopping the top and even doing a roadster version ! but I'm a bit short on time with all these other projects, and now my new invention www.rollerhoop.com . has been consuming lots more time & $!!
Here are a few pictures of my chop top Mustang some of you may have seen before.
Auto Doug

P1010024.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010019.JPG

I like the chopped Mustang, very racy looking. I agree on the rear overhang, but how cool would it be to have the front wheels moved forward about 4 inches? Really give the long nose, short deck look and better weight distribution.

Yeah, I remember the mustang, I think I've only seen a track picture though..

Doug, if you chopped a mark would you cut the fr and rear glass, or would you make the roof length shorter? That chrome trim really throws a wrench in it, unless a guy wanted to get rid of it. Or make a hard top.. but the glass would be a bitch eh.

What if you sectioned a mark the way you do the swb except instead of running the seam forward for the swb run it back to take out some of the bumper :confused: Just kickin ideas. I wish I had a facility large enough to do what you do. Nice work.

Curious as to why make the Mark shorter??? Sorry Im a newb. Never even heard of the short Mark.

for the reason why simply why not ! just to be different but yet close to the same ! more of a 2 seater sports car I have a Town Car for when i need to hual people. Ponies yes I have studied chopping the top and it is in the plans for an atempt. and why not i can buy these cars for couple hundered bucks anymore, and if it looks good well maybe a chopped shortened one would look bitchen ! haven the faciltiy isn't the issue it's the time.
Like why did I make my own headlamp buckets, becouse they kinda look the same,:rolleyes: but different !

P1010033.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010013.jpg

Any stripe should probably go down the middle. IMO the higher stripe of the 2 looks better/goes nicer with the body lines. That chopped 'stang is nasty, love it. Nice headlight housings too.:D

for the reason why simply why not ! just to be different but yet close to the same ! more of a 2 seater sports car I have a Town Car for when i need to hual people. Ponies yes I have studied chopping the top and it is in the plans for an atempt. and why not i can buy these cars for couple hundered bucks anymore, and if it looks good well maybe a chopped shortened one would look bitchen ! haven the faciltiy isn't the issue it's the time.
Like why did I make my own headlamp buckets, becouse they kinda look the same,:rolleyes: but different !

You'll have to update on the project if and when you get into chopping. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back