Stretched Hummer Limos.

pepperman

The Real Deal
Reaction score

6686.jpg

102201.jpg

outside3.jpg

NOT!

A friend of mine was chaffuered to her wedding reception in one of those. Imagine a large, tall woman in a $3000.00 gown climbing a tiny ladder to get up and into one of these things.

Now, imagine Ramsey and the boys out on the town for a night of partying, happy belated batchelor party style! Yeah! I could see it now; drunk and falling out the door!

Sifrino3 said:
Thats the bomb. Theres nothing like a Hummer Limo!

Actually, these kind of limos are VERY unsafe. The Federal Government refuses to regulate them and therefore it's up to the industry itself to police itself. To my knowledge, only GM (Cadillac) and Ford (Lincoln) have stepped up and created a certified chassis and program for manufacturing stretched versions of them. The dangerous part is that for the most part, customers have no idea that they are riding in a potential death-trap. They figure that if the vehicle is on the road it MUST be safe. WRONG!

Hi Katshot

Katshot said:
Actually, these kind of limos are VERY unsafe. The Federal Government refuses to regulate them and therefore it's up to the industry itself to police itself. To my knowledge, only GM (Cadillac) and Ford (Lincoln) have stepped up and created a certified chassis and program for manufacturing stretched versions of them. The dangerous part is that for the most part, customers have no idea that they are riding in a potential death-trap. They figure that if the vehicle is on the road it MUST be safe. WRONG!

I think Katshot and I have another difference of opinion here, it sure could be explosive when we get to meet face to face :D

Why do you want to legislate against everything, you said the same about the other "Truck Limo" posted, if you legislate against everything pretty soon you will not be able to fart without a permit, like here in Europe.
America is supposed to be the "Land of the free, home of the brave" with all the regulation you are propposing it will become "Land of the suppressed, home of the meek"

Regards

Dereck

Dereck said:
Hi Katshot

I think Katshot and I have another difference of opinion here, it sure could be explosive when we get to meet face to face :D

Why do you want to legislate against everything, you said the same about the other "Truck Limo" posted, if you legislate against everything pretty soon you will not be able to fart without a permit, like here in Europe.
America is supposed to be the "Land of the free, home of the brave" with all the regulation you are propposing it will become "Land of the suppressed, home of the meek"

Regards

Dereck

I agree that legislating everything is bad but in this case, it would stop a very dangerous trend that has gone unchecked for some time.
I spent a long time in the livery industry and was very active in many levels of differing organizations over the years. I can see both sides of the arguement from both the coachbuilder and the end-user side. That said, until you see what has been allowed to operate on the roads here, you can't know what I'm talking about. I've seen large stretches with cracked frames, cracked bodies, bent frames, grossly under-sized brakes, steering gear, and suspension mountings. If you've ever seen what GM and Ford uncovered when they started testing their chassis years ago for stress etc, you'd know just how potentially dangerous "non-certified" cars are. GM and Ford both certify certain models of their cars/trucks for stretching. They provide specially modified versions of these vehicles to "certified" coachbuilders only, and provide all the training and technical help needed to the coachbuilders to assure they build a safe stretch vehicle. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, ONLY Ford & GM do this, and there is currently no governing bodies that oversee that end users only operate these types of safe vehicles. Basically, just about any idiot can take a Sawzall to a car and build a limo in this country, and that's just not right. It costs a lot more to do the job right and customers are often price-driven in their limousine purchases which heavily favors the non-certifed cars and therefore promotes the widespread use of unsafe vehicles in the industry. On top of all that, the customers that then rent these vehicles for proms, weddings etc, are totally unaware that they are riding in a potentially dangerous vehicle. I guess you might consider that ignorance is bliss but I personally wouldn't let my kids ride in one of those unsafe vehicles, and I would think that once the truth is known, no one else would either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back