Strange Front End Noise After Installing Lowering Springs?

Sneakn-Lincoln LS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed eibach springs on my 04 ls8. Everything went really well, however after I was done when i took it around the block. I noticed a clunking noise coming from the passenger side front. I am wondering if it could be due to the fact that the sway bar no longer is held with as much pre-tension as it used to be at the new ride height? what should i check? My car is pretty tight in general no major problems with the ball joints or hubs to my knowledge.

Based on the old theory of "when a new problem occurs check whatever the last change was", I'd double check torque on all bolts/nuts you touched, and generally speaking, re-check your work.

If everything checks out and you still have the issue, I'd focus on the sway bar bushings. After that, I'd look at the condition of the ball joints.

I will recheck everything. I have to put some spacers on anyway. The only reason i thought sway bar was because i noticed when i would jack the on the lower control arm it would totaly elminate all tension on the sway bar when i got to a certain point, to where i could pull the link out by hand. now with the springs the ride height is just about where the sway bar was loose with no pre tension. thanks for the advise

AH! someone tell him whats wrong lol, I want to install my springs this weekend. Has anyone else had this happen?

Ok. It was just a loose sway bar link nut. thanks everyone for all your help. Have no fear Silver LS. The only advice I can give is take your time, and make sure you have a good two piece set of spring compressors. It will look sweet when your done.

h0ws the ride? any pics ? i want to lower but dont want to inquire more problems

The ride is simular to stock. a little firmer on large bumps, but it also seems to handle better and has better steering wheel responce. I have one picture on my profile, that i took right after the install. they have settled quite a bit more since then.

Members online

Back