Strange Fluid Leak?

regiment1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
About a week ago, two puddle appeared directly under the back seats of the car, one on each side. They are colorless, with a slightly slippery feel, and salty taste. They haven't evaporated.

I think it may just be deicer / mag chloride since I drove through snowy conditions just prior, but thought I'd see if anyone knows of what could leak in that vicinity.

Gasoline is the only thing that comes to mind (that would come from the car) for those exact locations.

Could it be brake fluid? Please no...

Your tasting of it should be consistent with deicer.

Enough brake fluid to make puddles should have resulted in a noticeable braking problem and maybe even an ABS light.

About a week ago, two puddle appeared directly under the back seats of the car, one on each side. They are colorless, with a slightly slippery feel, and salty taste. They haven't evaporated.

I think it may just be deicer / mag chloride since I drove through snowy conditions just prior, but thought I'd see if anyone knows of what could leak in that vicinity.

You are one brave man for tasting an unknown fluid on the pavement. ;)

Wouldn't that be roughly where the rear sunroof drains are located?

Nope.
I'm not sure where the front two drains come out, but it's bound to be ahead of the front doors.
The rear two drains come out almost all the way at the back of the car. If you pull back the trim in the trunk, you can see them on the sides.

Nope.
I'm not sure where the front two drains come out, but it's bound to be ahead of the front doors.
The rear two drains come out almost all the way at the back of the car. If you pull back the trim in the trunk, you can see them on the sides.

White stiff tube with black lines.

You are one brave man for tasting an unknown fluid on the pavement. ;)

What's the problem? That's how I get all my chewing gum for free, and last year I probably got an entire funnel cake that way over the course of two hours at the state fair.

Actually, I was pretty sure it was some type of anti-freeze / de-icer, and thought that would be a pretty good indicator.

Nope.

It is ahead of the front door about center of the bottom part of the fender. Sorry that I dont have any actual input for this thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back