stoptech brakes

nortyhat

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey i was wondering i have a 02 lincoln ls and i was wanting to buy the stage 2 brakes do you think it would fit my stock caliper and are they good for some 20 inch rims?

What does StopTech say about it? Chances are that they'll fit in 20" wheels but you'll have to watch the offset.

Yeah odds are they'll fit. All depends on offset etc. I remember the design of my 18" wheels wouldn't allow the brake kit.

no its just a kit with rotors brake lines and pads i was wondering would the rotors fit in my stock caliber?

The rotors in the stage 2 kit show as "direct replacement" rotors. Dosn't sound like there'd be a problem. But why not get some slotted and/or drilled rotors and performance pads instead and just buy the SS brake lines from Stoptech?

yes the stage 2 brakes have slotted and it comes with street performance pads and steel brakelines, i was just wondering if the rotors would fit the caliber and it also comes with some high brake fluid for 719 dollars is that a good price for all of that?

nortyhat said:
yes the stage 2 brakes have slotted and it comes with street performance pads and steel brakelines, i was just wondering if the rotors would fit the caliber and it also comes with some high brake fluid for 719 dollars is that a good price for all of that?
We are a StopTech dealer. The stage 2 kits are a good alternative to the big brake kits. However, you might be better to get the EBC rotors and pads. You can check out our braking items:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/brakes-c-363.php

i really dont like the color of the ebc pads, i have a black car with black rims. but if they work better then ill get them and to remind u im using my stock caliber.

nortyhat said:
i really dont like the color of the ebc pads, i have a black car with black rims. but if they work better then ill get them and to remind u im using my stock caliber.

I dont mean to judge but the word you are looking for is caliper. The word caliber means
(1) a: degree of mental capacity or moral quality b: degree of excellence or importance
(2) a : the diameter of a bullet or other projectile b : the diameter of a bore of a gun usually expressed in hundredths or thousandths of an inch and typically written as a decimal fraction <.32 caliber>
(3) : the diameter of a round or cylindrical body; especially : the internal diameter of a hollow cylinder

Again I dont mean to offend but I am rather analytical by nature.

n8

I have ebc green stuff brakes with my stock calipers and love them. They are great brakes and produce a lot less dust

naw you good im not mad about the word i miss spelled. but i was just thinking ebc was an off brand brake pad. but i curious about the rotors are they any good like why go from stop tech to ebc so are u saying ebc is better than stop tech.

GREEN or RED?

Question is, RED or GREEN? I'm in need of new pads, but not sure which ones to get. The RED look like their better?

Bozz

Members online

Back