Stop crashing your LSes!

Haha I'm also 21. And crashed 2 ls's so far. Haha. April will be 3 years since my at fault accident and my insurance is soppose to go back down. The other accident was not my fault so it did not affect my insurance.

Haha I'm also 21. And crashed 2 ls's so far. Haha. April will be 3 years since my at fault accident and my insurance is soppose to go back down. The other accident was not my fault so it did not affect my insurance.

facepalm.jpg

The LS actually saved me money on insurance due to the lo jack (or whatever anti theft system it has) and the 5 star crash rating.

I hit 25 in two months...cant wait for the rates to drop.

I hit 25 in two months...cant wait for the rates to drop.

If your getting a discount for being a student, you wont get much change. You will no longer be able to get the student discount at 25 yrs, so mine didnt change much, Geico.

I'm 21 and my insurance really isn't that bad. It might help that I have both my LS's on it and my house.

my dad (50) is the primary on my 02 LS and it still is as much to insure as my mom's 2008 CLK 350 (she's 47). No pts on either parent (full coverage on both) So its not so much the age as it is the car, I guess?
Nevertheless, I will be dropping the collision and comprehensive in the spring.
The upside is that the insurance for both is quite reasonable.

If your getting a discount for being a student, you wont get much change. You will no longer be able to get the student discount at 25 yrs, so mine didnt change much, Geico.

Not a student.

Last time i was in school was high school. Went straight into the military afterwards.

recently i backed into a concrete pole (passenger side)at walmart, didnt think it was that bad until i actually saw the damage , broken bumper, broken tailight ,dented side panel , i was scarred to call my insurance up cause ive never gone through insurance to fix any of my cars, was quoted 3700, O.O i only payed 4300 for the car , good thing it will be getting fixed, i still cant belive i backed into a F-ing concrete pole ,havent even had the car for a month *smh*

so now my insurance gets to go up from 140 to who knows what , even thought i didnt hit another car its still an at fault accident

23 years old and my insurance is 164/month with comprehensive coverage.

USAA

When i first got my LS (19), i was paying about 130 for full coverage, and another 30 for my sentra on liability. I was happy :)

Edit: im with USAA

21 years old (almost 22). I pay about 185 for full coverage on my 05 LS and 03 Pathfinder. Not the minimums either, very nice coverage amounts. Gieco. Thinking about adding my home insurance to them as well.

I live in Florida. Insurance is stupid thanks to all the damn snow birds and retirees. You don't even want to know about home insurance down here.

$150 for full coverage on my LS and I'm 31. Would only be $80 if I wanted the state minimum garbage.

$64 a month for a 100/300/100 policy with a $500 deductible.

My problem is other jerk offs crashing into me! The last three cars that were wrecked was someone else's fault. So I drive the Ford150 whenever I can. The LS cut my Full coverage with high payouts ( due to owning a company ) To just about $235 . That was going from a 4 cylinder two door Hyundai Tiburon to the LS. $622 A MONTH was what I had to pay!!!!! Then at 25 all my speeding ticket points and the two at fault accidents were long gone from my record. Well at least the points were gone . So my insurance went to just under $100 a month. I'd like to see it even lower.

$64 a month for a 100/300/100 policy with a $500 deductible.

Must be nice. For fun I should see what my insurance would run up north somewhere. All I know is I pay triple what you do for similar stuff.

Im paying $93 a month full coverage with state farm $500 deductible.

GET RID OF STATE FARM ASAFP!!!

I used them for years and they were great; until I needed them. They were like a good neighbor - on vacation. :(

Here's my letter to my agent after too much delay by State Farm:

Mr. Delsignore;

It has been a pleasure growing my life as you’ve grown your business for the last seven years together. While I take delight in the fortune of not using your products, I greatly appreciate your assistance when the unfortunate has occurred. When a negative incident happened late in the evening on Friday of Memorial Day Weekend of 2005 you had me back in a Ford Truck that Saturday morning. This was the unbelievably good service for which State Farm is famed and what led my mother, sister, and friends to switching their insurance needs to you.

Sadly, this time of need is a vastly different experience and I am writing to inform you of my disappointment and frustration of a situation through which I’ve been before. Below are highlights of the terrible handling of this situation:

May 7, 2011: Hit-and-run incident impacting the rear of my truck
May 9, 2011: Report to Brent of the incident
May 10, 2011: Concern of vehicle safety reported and rental requested
May18, 2011: Letter stating repairs had been approved received
May 19, 2011: Repairs at Crones Auto Body disallowed
May 24, 2011: Return of Mallar Sinha’s phone call; his only attempt to reach me
May 27, 2011: Letter from Mallar Sinha stating his inability to reach me
May 27, 2011: Phone call to Arlene Hart receiving initial settlement offer of $2771.70
May 31, 2011: Phone call to Diane Parker receiving adjusted settlement offer of $4975.00
June 2, 2011: Email from Diane Parker adjusting settlement offer to $4201.00
June 3, 2011: Visit to Brent to provide receipts of complete rebuilt powertrain

Currently there is zero credit given for the aftermarket additions to this truck and zero credit given for the rebuilt powertrain. This is unacceptable.

Informing me my truck would be repaired and then rescinding that offer with the egregious breach of etiquette from Mr. Sinha is a pathetic reflection of State Farm as a company and is flagrantly in contradiction to State Farm’s currently advertised slogan.

The insultingly lowball initial offer demonstrated that State Farm is either completely unaware of the current auto market or attempting to screw their customers. Neither is acceptable for an Automotive Total Loss Unit or an insurance company that touts their “good neighbor” qualities.

This is among the rarest of Ford Trucks and during my ownership there have been only two similarly optioned trucks listed on AutoTrader.com. Lesser optioned trucks are being listed at higher prices without any appreciable mechanical conditioning. It is embarrassing that a company with a business modeled around actuarial analysis is risking a seven-year-customer (as well as all referrals) over their inability to have a stated value. My friends and family – many of them are your customers – have vested interest in this resolution.

I am writing to you in hopes that you will encourage your company to get out of their cubicles and see what they are risking. Attached are the letters and fax from the Total Loss Unit as well as print outs of lesser optioned trucks with higher prices. At the time of writing there are no current digital sales of trucks with similar wheel bases. You have been able to insure all of my Ford Trucks and know the research as well as care that I have developed for the 92-96 era F Series trucks. I would not be out of line proclaiming my expertise of this segment of the market. State Farm needs to escape the ignorance of their computers and witness what the market is bearing. My efforts are to avoid the needless costs of invoking arbitration and I would like to settle this, with your assistance, without involving Lt. Governor Mary Taylor’s office.

You’ve been of impeccable service to my family and myself and it is my greatest desire that you and I can reach a fair settlement to both your company and myself.

Kind regards,
Mike

And here is my exit letter:

Good morning Mr. Delsignore;

It is with heavy heart today that I must tell you that I have moved my insurance products from State Farm. Please terminate my remaining insurance.

Please note that this is not a reflection of your work. This decision is due in its entirety to the company whose product you sell. The handling of the incident in May was extremely poor service causing both financial and mental harm. By informing me that my vehicle would be repaired and then reneging with two days left on the rental period put me in the awkward position of having to decide on a replacement vehicle without proper planning; and the expense of the rental that I had expected to be covered.

The valuation of my vehicle was also extremely poor. Through this process State Farm made it clear that they as a company are unable to insure a customer like myself.

The total financial discrepancy is $2,000. I am completely embarrassed for State Farm that they are willing to lose a seven-and-a-half year customer over such a small sum. I am even more embarrassed that through this experience State Farm will also be losing my mother, sister, and a forty-two year customer.

It was my expectation to stay with you for all of my insurance needs. This is sadly no longer an option. Today will be the first day since I turned 25 that I am not a State Farm customer; I'm okay with that. Today will also be the first day since I turned 25 that I am not your customer and this saddens me.

I wish you continued success,
Mike

GET RID OF STATE FARM ASAFP!!!

Insurance companies are all the same....theres much worse out there like insurance depot or fred loya insurance lol.

They are all in the business of giving you as little money as few times as possible. And someone on here went state farm on their LS and got a nice fat check. Forgot who it was.

If i ever did switch it would probably be to USAA.

ROFL. Like a good neighbor...... they're on vacation! Good one. Sorry that happened Mike.

Members online

No members online now.
Back