Stolen and totalled ls

Thanks so much Frank but I'm on Island Time, you feel me and considering the logistics nightmare of getting all the parts here from multiple places and then paying double (customs duty and freight/shipping) added to the original cost in the US I think I did ok. This is why Im doing this job myself an still taking more time to do a few extra custom touches that take time but it wont be that long again before I post something although my phone couldn't upload all the photos I tried to only 4 so stay tuned lol.

Also bearing in mind that I have a 71 Caprice and a Yamaha project both happening right now. Then there's my truck, boat, two waverunners, family time MOST importantly, and what I really hate - work.....and don't forget all these hoe's trying to suck my dick so calculate how much time I should spread between those and let me know.

Jajajajajajajajjajajajjajjjajajjaaaaaaa

Oh, I wasn't saying you were taking too long. I'm just against the whole "been a minute" phrase explosion. Sorry if I insulted you with sarcasm.

I have no room to talk about taking too long, anyway. I took almost 2 months just to decide to buy an engine. I haven't completed a single one of the 6 lighting projects I started for the car in the last year.

All good man..... I just get PTSD when I hear exact numbers for **** but that's my accountants fault not yours and I got way too many toys for the money and time I got (according to him) but wouldn't have it any other way.

Also im still waiting on my carbon hood and bumper assy so im gonna do what I can now that I got some time and leave all the easy stuff for last.

+1 on the carbon fiber hood???

info please, or reason for getting it?

How much lighter than aluminum??????

A lot lighter. A pound of aluminum weighs twice as much as a pound of carbon fiber.

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

just curious if it was to save weight, or was a new design (i.e. cowl)....

Id start doors if I was saving weight... not 10lbs on a hood...

Last edited:
Wait, this dude is rebuilding a wrecked LS on the Cayman Islands?

Talk about a glutton for punishment.

Its lighter than stock but not sure how much yet and the main reason is for looks.

Then if it turns out good then I might get some made for sale until then im keeping my source under wraps.

I for one would really like to see this carbon LS hood.

Hard to say right now, but when I get it and depending on how it looks to me will determine if I use it or go back stock.

whether or not you use it is fine.. we'd still like to see it and its construction... bracing, finish etc...

just curious if it was to save weight, or was a new design (i.e. cowl)....

Id start doors if I was saving weight... not 10lbs on a hood...

Yeah, but the closer to the front of the car you start, the faster you get to the advertised 50/50 weight distribution.

our hoods are light... If someone was doing this to save weight, its the wrong place to start.

For looks... thats a personal decision.

I still don't see this happening (no offense smoke)

The main advantage I could see is making a custom scoop, heat extractor, Batmobile effects, ect. For weight, as was said, not really needed. Course, at this point in the LS life cycle getting a carbon fiber hood custom made might be cheaper than getting an aluminum hood.

Members online

Back