Stock sub replacement

LSter

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I think one of my stock subs is starting to go, so I want to replace them both. I want to keep them in the factory position. I've seen two different sizes for those subs, either 6x9 or 6.5. Which is it? If I went with 6.5 subs, will they fit in the hole if the subs are actually 6x9? I need the trunk room, so I don't want to go with an enclosure. Any suggestions?

So I think one of my stock subs is starting to go, so I want to replace them both. I want to keep them in the factory position. I've seen two different sizes for those subs, either 6x9 or 6.5. Which is it? If I went with 6.5 subs, will they fit in the hole if the subs are actually 6x9? I need the trunk room, so I don't want to go with an enclosure. Any suggestions?

They are 6X9 free air subs.

Parts express carries a 6x9 subwoofer made by tang band. You could also do an infinite baffle build, which takes up relatively little trunk space.

I also want to replace the stock amp with an aftermarket one I already have (better control over frequency and gain). Where would be the best place to mount it so that it doesn't overheat? I was going to (somehow) mount it to the rear deck, but I've read that it may not be best to do that.

Eh, some amps take to it, some don't. I've never messed with it. The seat backs are easy, as is making a quick mounting point on one side of the trunk walls. I've always had success with both methods when I didn't want to build an amp rack in previous builds. There are some that mount them under the false cover. Its certainly possible with a little creativity for ventilation. It's also not very difficult with some of the smaller footprint amplifiers available today. Soundigital makes a 100x2iirc that's smaller than a lot of crossovers for component systems.

Members online

Back